This Freaked Me Out

LIguy
This topic is 1791 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I have several Gmail accounts that I use for cruising the internet and placing ads. The other day I revisited Craigslist after hearing that people were using the activities category to post hookup ads but carefully wording them. So I placed to ads using a Gmail address that I rarely use and A craigslist accout that I havent used in over a year, One gets flagged so I waited a day and went to place an ad. As I was writing the ad I noticed down below where Craigs asks how you want responses I see my home phone number listed in the box where you would place a phone number if you want telephone replies even though Craigs email relay was checked and there was no way I could remove it. Then I noticed my home address in the location section and I could not remove that either. Needless to say I deleted the GMail account and the Craigs account and deleted cookies on my computer.

I have never used my home phone or address on any Gmail or Craigs ad so I am at a loss as to how or why that they were filled in but beware out there.

Guest Grey Bear

FYI: Carefully worded "personal" ads are showing up in "activities","General" and "groups" on CL .sometimes under "gigs" and rarely under" beauty services" and "wanted". Text is always 2 lines or less with nothing spelled out. Today,locally there were activity ads for "tool polisher" and "I need a helping hand".Too bad we now have to jump thru hoops in our search.Since the child trafficking laws were passed 2 years ago .CL is dead and all other sites have closed. This has put pros out of business.We are adults looking for other adults to enjoy adult activities. Never could understand what that has to do with child trafficking. Only site based in Europe are now working for us...R.M and Adam4Adam.