Open Relationship?

Guest Lonlyboy
This topic is 1749 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

everybody I know under 35 who is dating, engage, or married IS in an open relationship. Married guys fuck around way more than single guys.

Just the facts! I'm glad they're honest!

These may be facts for some, but not for all. There are people who prefer monogamy and are honest about it -- also just a fact. I have a very funny friend who has this take on it - he says he and his partner both were "relieved" to find one another because nobody could put up with either one of them. To their friends, they seem like real opposites and they fight a lot -- picture Felix and Oscar. The fighting looks respectful to me, neither is cruel or goes for the jugular, and they joke about it being "foreplay." They fight, they fuck, they fight more, they fuck again.

Just making the point that one size doesn't fit all. And for me, as someone who is fully committed emotionally to one man, but with a limited license to play with others when i travel, the absolutely most stupendously fucking awesome thing about being gay is having the freedom to create what kinds of relationships we want to have. Many fewer expectations to be monogamous, much less pressure to get married.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These may be facts for some, but not for all. There are people who prefer monogamy and are honest about it -- also just a fact. I have a very funny friend who has this take on it - he says he and his partner both were "relieved" to find one another because nobody could put up with either one of them. To their friends, they seem like real opposites and they fight a lot -- picture Felix and Oscar. The fighting looks respectful to me, neither is cruel or goes for the jugular, and they joke about it being "foreplay." They fight, they fuck, they fight more, they fuck again.

Just making the point that one size doesn't fit all. And for me, as someone who is fully committed emotionally to one man, but with a limited license to play with others when i travel, the absolutely most stupendously fucking awesome thing about being gay is having the freedom to create what kinds of relationships we want to have. Many fewer expectations to be monogamous, much less pressure to get married.

I never said one size fits all, I was just sharing what I've heard from my friends who are 40 and under. I don't even know if they occasionally hire like most of us do.