NY Times article about illicit massage parlors (March 2, 2019)

BaronArtz
This topic is 1916 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

This is a most interesting and revealing read, on the NY Times front page no less:

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/03/02/us/massage-parlors-human-trafficking.html?action=click&module=Top Stories&pgtype=Homepage

While this article is about women masseurs. I wonder if it happens to the boys' massage parlors and spas as well ... We should not patronize these spas if that's the case.

Edited by BaronArtz

Personally, I never use any kind of massage parlor that would perform any kind of sexual service. I only get a legit nonsexual massage or if I wanted something more erotic hire exclusively individual contractors that hire advertise on RentMasseur or MasseurFinder. I think the risk is to great that there could be human trafficking involved.

It seems to me (and perhaps I am naïve about this) that whenever human trafficking is exposed in US "massage" parlors, it always involves women. I doubt that any of the spas frequented by the members of this message forum are involved in this depravity.

Am I wrong?

Yes. It does.

I’m not aware of that many male massage parlors of the strip mall variety, although the old OC backpage would often have over-the-top (think 50 emojis) ads for Asian male masseurs. I always assumed they were sting targets.

It seems to me (and perhaps I am naïve about this) that whenever human trafficking is exposed in US "massage" parlors, it always involves women. I doubt that any of the spas frequented by the members of this message forum are involved in this depravity.

Am I wrong?

I don't know that either, it is a valid question though. I am inclined to think that some of the m4m massage parlors in the Times Square area and in Chelsea, NYC, could fall in this category. That's why I am avoiding them.