Tipping

BeefyDude
This topic is 1965 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I tip a masseur, I just include it with the fee and do not say anything. Is this what most of you do? I also have given gift cards or maybe a small souvenir if I have traveled somewhere.

Yeah, that's what I do too.

And as far as I can tell, usually when they provide generous "extras" without prompting, it's because they are personally into it, so I guess that could be considered more a fringe benefit of the job ;) Guess it depends what shape you keep yourself in, etc. I work out a lot, which is really why I get massages in the first place. So should I tip less because when I work out, I might be more pleasing to rub down than if I wasn't busting my butt at the gym lol? I'm kind of only half kidding, since personally I really enjoy getting my hands on another in-shape body.

But I also have worked for tips before, and I realize it's strenuous work and rent is high. So I would tend to tip more to guys who appear to pay a lot to have nicer places vs guys living in dumpy one-bedrooms with a roommate. And I also would tip more when guys seem to under-price themselves for whatever reason. So if a guy is asking $90 and gives a great massage, I might tip $40 or $60 whereas if a guy starts at $150 for the same or lesser massage, seems to make sense to tip less.

Just my thoughts, anyhow.

• 2 weeks later...