He's Back...Chris

Terpmaniac
This topic is 1702 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I really found him to be a tricky personality. Something happened during the massage which he - very subtly - tried to blame me for. I went back a 2nd time, thinking I'd misunderstood our interaction but he was just as unpleasant the 2nd time. I'll never go back.

I wrote prior on this thread, and thought I would elaborate. I went to him about a month ago because his rates were really low and thought I’d give him a try. He was very welcoming and the set up was great. The start of the massage was very good but then about 1/2 way through came an upsell. This is a total deal killer for me. My approach is that I book a massage with a masseur at your stated price and don’t expect any extras. I’ll leave it to the masseur to take the lead on extras and will tip accordingly if that naturally happens. At any rate, I politely declined and said something like “I didn’t bring a lot of $” in order to quickly change the subject. He asked “how much did I bring.” I was really taken aback and again declined. I probably should have left then but I was a little rattled. He continued the massage which became extremely erotic. However, it was not erotic in a mutual enjoyable sense but rather in a sense of him using my body for his pleasure. While I can say that what happened between us was definitely consensual, it is was not a good exchange for me. It didn’t feel good, and like others, I left feeling not as good as I came.

So what do I think is going on with this masseur? I think he’s probably not in a great space emotionally and financially. We should have compassion for him. That said, he's in the wrong line of work and I suspect that the huge drop

In rates is because he’s not getting repeat business and needs to lure new people in. I personally wish the best for this masseur, but I would strongly suggest potential clients to stay away. Just my two cents....

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So what do I think is going on with this masseur? I think he’s probably not in a great space emotionally and financially. We should have compassion for him. That said, he's in the wrong line of work and I suspect that the huge drop in rates is because he’s not getting repeat business and needs to lure new people in. I personally wish the best for this masseur, but I would strongly suggest potential clients to stay away. Just my two cents....

It's kind of you to be so compassionate. Massage is a tough business - it's hard on the body and, like any self-run business, if you don't work, you don't get paid. No paid vacations or sick days. I def understand how hard it is. My first encounters with him were 10 years ago. My most recent - in a non-massage setting - was about 8 months ago so if he's in a bad space, he's been in that bad space for over a decade.

That said, I enjoyed the massage itself. He does good work physically and my body felt good. But he made me uncomfortable.

It's kind of you to be so compassionate. Massage is a tough business - it's hard on the body and, like any self-run business, if you don't work, you don't get paid. No paid vacations or sick days. I def understand how hard it is. My first encounters with him were 10 years ago. My most recent - in a non-massage setting - was about 8 months ago so if he's in a bad space, he's been in that bad space for over a decade.

That said, I enjoyed the massage itself. He does good work physically and my body felt good. But he made me uncomfortable.

I agree, some of the physical work was very good (but it was rather short and pivoted to upsell erotic quickly). It was the upsell and aggressive behavior that ruined it for me. I should have been firmer and redirected things. The guy has negative energy and is a “taker” which is the exact opposite of what I look for is a masseur. I connect with guys where there is a mutual exchange of healing.