ISO Table Shower and Body Scrub in DC

Hoover42
This topic is 2135 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I'm looking for a spa in the DC area that can provide table showers and body scrubs.

A few years ago, I had something similar (called a Vichy Shower Massage) while visiting Montreal at a spa on the ground floor of the Omni Hotel. Sadly, the last time I checked, they no longer offer the service.

If I could find something similar in DC, I would be overjoyed.

Thanks!

A simple Google search turns up some places in the DMV:

The Pearl

e3a91d_f45446f883e841aeae72c80ef7fd533a~mv2.jpg

moroccan hammam

120 minutes $245

wet treatment; detoxifying, purifying, warming

A Moroccan cleansing tradition that detoxifies and draws deep impurities from the body. Utilizing a delectable mixture of elements – mint tea, lemon coffee, jasmine rose, orange quince, amber, tangerine fig and neroli cypress with Vichy Shower therapy, this treatment gently and effectively detoxifies the body. Moroccan hammam includes a vichy treatment, a purifying tub therapy and a warming massage.

Spa Fruit

23 reviews

$$ Massage, Waxing, Saunas

Seven Corners 6329 Arlington Blvd

Falls Church, VA 22044 Phone number (571) 501-5271

I had never ever heard of a Vichy shower before I checked out Spa Fruit, and, decided to give it a try after reading about the benefits. From the moment I walked in, I received… read more

Sugar House Day Spa & Salon

248 reviews

$$$ Day Spas, Skin Care, Hair Salonsjavascript:void(null);

Old Town Alexandria 111 N Alfred St

Alexandria, VA 22314 Phone number (703) 549-9940

tea as well as small snacks for before your treatments. I've also had the sugar scrub which was very relaxing, had no idea what the vichy shower was, turns out that the table that… read more

My Stillwaters

2 reviews

Massage, Skin Care, Hydrotherapy

2993 Valley View Rd

Annapolis, MD 21401 Phone number (410) 925-2483

The setting and facility are so lovely, and Amy is a wonderful, compassionate, and knowledgeable practitioner. The Vichy shower is incredible - I was literally speechless at the end… read more

VITA REVIVE

Home Vichy Shower Spa Policies 410 - 513 - 7069

Vichy Shower & Body Scrub

http://www.vitarevive.com/images/dreamstime_xs_34977017.jpg

9 Head Vichy Shower & Body Scrub - 30 Min $75

A luxurious water treatment that detoxifies, hydrates, and is intensely relaxing both spiritually and physically. It provides pressure point massage jets over your entire body to assist in the relaxation and stimulation of the mind and body.

The treatment is perfect for those that are seeking pure relaxation and a chance to get away from it all. The Vichy shower is a 9-headed "rain bar."

The rain bar heads can be adjusted to provide either a light rain massage, or a pounding rain to target specific tension areas.

Pricing

30 Min $75

The WOODHOUSE Day Spa

Vichy Shower FAQ's

Sep 20 2012 | by Dr. Lynda Torrey, under Woodhouse Services

Vichy.jpeg?itok=l7MAGiJQ

The Vichy Shower originated in Vichy, France, an area 250 miles south of Paris along the Allier River. Vichy is called the gateway to the Augverne region in central France. This region is resplendent with six geothermal mineral springs that have been used for eons for hot spring “cures” for arthritis, rheumatism, gout and digestive complaints. Vichy continues to be world-renowned for it’s spa therapies. The Vichy Shower itself consists of a “rainbar” that is attached to a temperature and water control box fitted to the wall in a tiled room. As the guest reclines face-down on a spa table, similar to a massage table, the rainbar extends from the wall over the guest to the shoulder area. The six showerheads are positioned so that they cascade over the guests back and legs. During treatment, the Vichy begins as a warm shower that balances, reinforces the immune system and relaxes the body. After three minutes of this luxurious shower, the therapist performs an alternate hot and cold therapy shower that oxygenates, detoxifies and firms and tones the skin. Due to the action of flushing the lymphatic system for detoxification and the contracting and relaxing of the skin for firming and toning, the Vichy Shower can produce results as very few therapies have the ability to do.