A massage question

memphisdad
This topic is 2174 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I'm newish at the massage game, even therapeutic. I got a mostly therapeutic massage yesterday. It was deep, the deepest pressure I've had. My relatively few muscles are really hurting today. Especially my legs. Is that normal? Is that a therapeutic massage goal?

I'm newish at the massage game, even therapeutic. I got a mostly therapeutic massage yesterday. It was deep, the deepest pressure I've had. My relatively few muscles are really hurting today. Especially my legs. Is that normal? Is that a therapeutic massage goal?

From my experience when a massage is deep tissue and it has good pressure, yes it is normal and expected. Kind of like when you work out. Maybe someone with more experience can give more details, or maybe a masseur.

You can always request your masseur less pressure or let him know that your goal is just relax, so he doesn't go as deep.