CIA Unable to Hide Torture Taxi

OneFinger
This topic is 6546 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

The airplane is a Gulfstream V turbojet, the sort favored by CEOs and celebrities. But since 2001 it has been seen at military airports from Pakistan to Indonesia to Jordan, sometimes being boarded by hooded and handcuffed passengers...

Read this interesting article aabout clandestine operations that are currently on-going.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6757281

This is a fascinating story to read, but when you think about it, it should hardly come as a surprise. What's really surprising to me is that there are so many people all over the world standing at the end of runways with high-powered binoculars tracking the comings and goings of wee-hour flights.

I kept thinking of the Three Conspiracy Geeks on X-files...

Frankly, I'm surprised the CIA even bothers to try to hide it.

BTW, OneFinger, congratulations on your 999th post!

Trix

>This is a fascinating story to read, but when you think about

>it, it should hardly come as a surprise. What's really

>surprising to me is that there are so many people all over the

>world standing at the end of runways with high-powered

>binoculars tracking the comings and goings of wee-hour

>flights.

>I kept thinking of the Three Conspiracy Geeks on X-files...

>Frankly, I'm surprised the CIA even bothers to try to hide

>it.

>BTW, OneFinger, congratulations on your 999th post!

People all over the world stand around airports, near railroad yards and tracks, near docks and other places keeping an eye on the comings and goings of the world's infrastructure. People scan radio frequencies up and down the RF band. (Radio people have a magazine, called "Monitoring Times".) Some truly amazing stuff gets captured by these guys. I recently needed a picture of a very obscure cargo ship. (long story) This ship never sails US or even North American waters. Yet, by Googling the ship's name, I found over 100 pictures of the ship taken by amateurs plus a fairly complete log of the ship's activities back several years.

While I don't understand quite this degree of fascination, we all need a hobby. Have been at the airport here a lot the last few days. Every trip, I've seen at least one and usually more people with binocs and a camera out plane spotting.

--EBG

>What's really surprising to me is that there are so many people all over the world standing at the end of runways with high-powered binoculars tracking the comings and goings of wee-hour flights.

When I was in the Navy aboard a nuclear sub, we spent several days at periscope depth observing an enemy port. We tracked everything from what they loaded aboard the ships, estimating the number of crew members, and verifying if specific people were on those ships.

All our info was fed into a central computer and the enemy ships were tracked by spy satellites. I can only imagine that the same thing happens at other military or spy-related installations.

>BTW, OneFinger, congratulations on your 999th post!

Thank you, Trix!! I didn't realize my number was getting that high. Am I spending too much time on this site? ;-)

Archived