Clinton Presidential Library

Guest rohale
This topic is 6581 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Does anybody have any opinions or thoughts on the unveiling of the new Presidential Library for the 42nd President Of the United States Of America, William Jefferson Clinton.

Rohale

Thoughts

1. Chelsea needs to practice her public speaking.

2. Jimmy Carter is a true Southern gentleman (see below).

3. Bush pere did not want to be there (see below).

4. Yes, it does look like a "glorified house trailer."

5. Hillary is definitely running; why else use a color-coded umbrella?

6. What was the point of Bono other than Bill likes to think of himself as a rock star?

7. The hand clasping between Bill and Hillary looked awakard and uncomfortable.

8. Unlike her step-mother, Laura seems to have only one facial expression.

9. MSNC had Chris Matthews yammering about this or that old election and generally giving his opinion on just about everything but the event unfolding for his viewers, Fox News had a number of people commenting on the impeachment, the "scandals" and "scandalettes" of the Clinton years as if that was the only thing that happened for two terms, and CNN basically just presented the event, with some straight on, to the point commentary.

10. It presented a quitensentially American portrait, all those living former and current leaders of the free world, with their families, holding their own umbrella, something for the rest of the world to note and view.

Prior to the start of the event, before they sat down, Carter spent some minutes wiping off and clearing the chair of his wife of rain water. Finally, I felt the President's father gave a good speech, but he read it extremely quickly, like a chore to be gotten over with as soon as possible.

http://www.gaydar.co.uk/francodisantis

Guest zipperzone

>Does anybody have any opinions or thoughts on the unveiling

>of the new Presidential Library for the 42nd President Of the

>United States Of America, William Jefferson Clinton.

>

>Rohale

It sure was wet!

RE: Thoughts

This may be an odd thing to comment on but since you raised it I will too. Why is it that in the US when an occasion such as this is held, and it is raining, that the speakers at the mike do not have someone at least hold an umbrella over their heads? It would seem at least the minimal thing that could be done to offer some protection from the elements to the speaker. I recall one incident where a President was rained on at his inauguration and promptly went home, caught pneumonia and died! (Who was that BTW?).

I also thought Bill Clinton looked tired and did not have a good color (maybe it was my TV but I'm also comparing him with the other, much older participants such as Bush Senior and Jimmy Carter who looked wonderful. Bill should take care of himself.:-(

I did think the library looked great; I think it is a wonderful idea to pull together a lot of the elements pertaining to a Presidency and making them accessible to the average joepublic. It's a great way to encourage interest in public policy and government actions which, after all, affect all of us.

>I recall one incident where a President was rained on at his inauguration and promptly went home, caught pneumonia and died! (Who was that BTW?).<

That was William Henry Harrison, way back in the 1840's. Poor sucker was only president for 1 month. But that's okay, as the veep who took over was good old Virginian. :)

>I also thought Bill Clinton looked tired and did not have a good color (maybe it was my TV but I'm also comparing him with the other, much older participants such as Bush Senior and Jimmy Carter who looked wonderful. Bill should take care of himself<

The guy did just go thru major heart surgery, which I assume is why he looked sickly, pale and slimmer.

>Is Monica's sperm stained blue dress at the library or is it

>being saved for the Smithsonian?:+

>

>Kipp

Neither one, Kippy. Since your pal Dubya has been president, we're all wearing the blue dress now. Since you won't understand this, I'll make it simple for you. Clinton got a blow job, Bush has screwed the whole country.

> But that's okay, as

>the veep who took over was good old Virginian. :)

And the last Virginian to be elected (sort of) from that state. By then the gene pool had become as unproductive as the farmland where tobacco crops were grown.

I think that Chelsea Clinton has turned into a hetero HOT BABE! I read that she had cosmetic surgery, but whatever they/she did, she sure turned out great! :o

IMO, Chelsea, is a beautiful young woman!! More power to her, given the ugly duckling slams that she, as a young girl of 13, had to endure in the national press!! Chelsea has definitely SLAM DUNKED all those critics who tortured her as a young teen! :p

>The guy did just go thru major heart surgery, which I assume

>is why he looked sickly, pale and slimmer.

This brings up the issue of why people in the public domain, especially politicians, feel they have to (indeed are expected to) act as if life-threatening illnesses are not that big a deal. I find this is especially the case in the US.

In the last couple of months we have witnessed Bill Clinton with his heart operation, Chief Justice Rehnquist (sp?)with cancer and now Condalezza (sp?)Rice with her operation this weekend. In each case, the initial reports are reassuring from all quarters in order to minimize the problem, that modern technology can deal with the problem effectively, and that the patient will recover quickly and be back at work in no time. Then everything seems to be done to get the person back "in harness" before the healing process has been given a decent time to take place.

I thought it was foolish of Clinton to get out on the campaign trail just weeks after his operation. I could not believe that Rehnquist would think he could go to the office a few days after a tracheotomy was performed, and now Condy Rice's people saying she will be at work TOMORROW after having major abdominal sugery late last week. What gives? Do these people think they are supermen or women!!! In a sense, it is a form of hubris, or as the Greeks would have said, a defiance of the gods.

Archived