What matters most

Rick Munroe
This topic is 6601 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

It doesn't matter if you believe the election was stolen due to fraud (Diebold, etc) or not. What matters and what should be top priority is getting paper trails in the voting machines, or we will never be able to have confidence in the system. It is simply absurd that private, for-profit companies control our votes.

http://www.blackboxvoting.org/

The concern about the new computerized voting machines is appropriate, but where had that concern been for generations about the old technology machines, the big ones with the levers we use in NYC and in so many other cities? There is no paper trail with them. All there is is a set of counters in the back. And these have been maipulated for years, mostly by Democrats, as happened recently in Philadelphia. Extra votes are programed in before the polls open, and machines from Republican precincts somehow get damaged, fall off the backs of trucks, etc. I am as concerned as you are, Rich, about this, but let's get real. Machine voting fraud has been going on for generations, and now all of a sudden the people on the left, who have brought this fraud to a position of art, are crying foul? Puhleeeeeze.....

The real answer is to go back to paper ballots, count them in full sight in the precincts at the end of the day, and then count them again at the central voting place. Every other technology lends itself to technical manipulation, and only exists to provide a faster result. Well, to my mind, getting the result faster is not as important as getting it right. Back to paper!

>All there is is a set of counters in

>the back. And these have been maipulated for years, mostly by

>Democrats, as happened recently in Philadelphia. Extra votes

>are programed in before the polls open,

That did not happen; it was disproven right after it was "discovered" (did you watch the news on the morning of Nov. 2 and then not check back later in the day?). Those counters counted every vote ever made on those machines, not votes that were made that day for that election. Sheesh. Meanwhile, Diebold and the other companies that make and operate the electronic machines all have Republican CEO's, are all major GOP contributors, and the CEO of Diebold even promised to "deliver" Ohio to the President this year. We have to return the voting system to the public, not to private partisan companies.

>Meanwhile,

>Diebold and the other companies that make and operate the

>electronic machines all have Republican CEO's, are all major

>GOP contributors, and the CEO of Diebold even promised to

>"deliver" Ohio to the President this year.

And I guess they were all delivered to the polling places in black helicopters too.

Sheesh.

You lost by over THREE MILLION VOTES.

Get over it.

Release.

Move on.

Peacefully yours,

FFF

>You lost by over THREE MILLION VOTES.

I was not running for President so I didn't lose by anything. And I am not crying "fraud" or saying that the election was stolen. What I'm saying is that the system needs to be fixed and standardized because current irregularities are casting doubt on the integrity of the system. The first thing to do is to get paper trails (if you don't plan to commit fraud, why be against paper trails?) and then to de-privatize the system, giving power back to the people.

>And I am not crying "fraud" or saying that the election was

>stolen.

Talk about disingenuous!

That's EXACTLY what you're inferring when you talk about the Diebold machines being built by Republicans and "the CEO of Diebold even promised to 'deliver' Ohio to the President this year".

Otherwise, what was the point of bringing it up?

Once again, the LOONEY LEFT lost by over three million votes.

Instead of spinning wild (and assinine) conspiracy theories, what don't all you intellectuals (who know you're so much smarter than the "rest of America") figure out how to actually WIN a national election.

You may think you're smarter, but over three million Americans thought you didn't know jack shit.

Non-conspiratorily yours,

FFF

>It doesn't matter if you believe the election was stolen due

>to fraud (Diebold, etc) or not. What matters and what should

>be top priority is getting paper trails in the voting

>machines, or we will never be able to have confidence in the

>system.

Heavens no. Those new-fangled voting machines using paper are too susceptible to fraud. We must go back to dropping stones into a bucket. It's the only way to save the integrity of the system.

To paraphrase F3,

Ludditely yours,

Later.

PS. The posts on under this folder have never been fun until this election. I couldn't script half of this stuff. Keep it up guys.

Archived