Howard Dean for DNC Chair!

JamesK840
This topic is 6598 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

>Fire Terry McAuliffe! Enough with running to the center.

>Stop trying to be Republicans and learn from them instead.

>Galvinize our base!

>

>Comments?

>

>Anyone know how we influence party leadership, national as

>well as local?

Influencing local party leadership is pretty easy. Start showing up at your local Democratic HQ for meetings. Depending on where you live, there is probably a nearby HQ with a full-time staff and so on. Give them a call and tell them you want to get involved.

My guess is that after this last election result, they'll be glad to see you.

--EBG

Guest Tampa Yankee

Color wheel basics

>Fire Terry McAuliffe! Enough with running to the center.

>Stop trying to be Republicans and learn from them instead.

>Galvinize our base!

>

Just like Clinton, eh? The DLC darling and the only Dem to win the WH since let's see... since Carter in 1976 who also shunned the center.

(Damn!! I think my tongue is actually stuck in my cheek.)

:+

Bluer than blue won't make red blue.

Face it, the base WAS galvinized. We just got our asses handed to us by smarter people that attracted more in the middle to their well galvinized base. The middle always decides general elections. So run from then if you will... and at your peril.

Need to stake out a position!

I actually spent some time in the grass-roots, and I don't count DLC lackys as anything other then lay-down centerists. (Hillary '08 is not MY solution, she stands for personal power as far as I can tell and would radicalize even more of the cro-magnon RED fundamentalists.)

We ran a candiate who was a devout christian war hero and we lost badly, against a coke-fiend who's failed at every cherry job his connections have given him.

Why? I heard again and agian, we weren't offering a choice. Of course 'our guy is less evil' isn't enough to win! It has to be OUR GUY STANDS FOR THIS, THIS, and THIS, and that guy has LIED about A, B and C. Not what some focus group tells you and never "I actually voted for the 87 billion...". Either YES, I VOTED AGAINST THAT, HERE'S WHY... or he could've voted the way which did the best by the troops instead of the way he hoped would win him some Dean supporters during the Primary.

Never again.

>PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEEEEEEEEEEEASE run to the left.

>FABULOUS IDEA! Go for it!

>

>Gleefully yours,

>

>FFF

Fuck you, your kind doesn't get to reverse-psyc us into choosing the candidate who's easiest for you to beat ever again! Anybody that doesn't know where 'more electable' came from *now* is an idiot.

Need outreach!

>Face it, the base WAS galvanized. We just got our asses

>handed to us by smarter people that attracted more in the

>middle to their well galvanized base. The middle always

>decides general elections. So run from then if you will... and

>at your peril.

No, the radicals were galvanized and it was misleading because we have so many. But our BASE slept in on voting day, voted the way a bad Austrian actor told them to, or were intimidated away from the polls.

And without them, the middle received little credible counterpoint to the consistent stream of lies from the entire right.

Many of us were worried about what Rove would do and expected something huge and brash. It was much more subtle then that and I don't see how anybody could disagree that gay marriage cost us the election. We were so focused on optimism about the strategic future we never realized how badly we lost in the short term.

Sadly, they are smarter then us. We need the fucking think-tanks where they create Roves and clone thralls such as Coulter et al to do their bidding, if only so we can compete with their mastery of mesmerizing language.

Lastly, gays who demand equal rights and recognition need to start reaching the fuck OUT. Outside of their cliquey little circles surrounded by WeHo clones, and let people know why they want it, at a one to one level get somebody to explain to you why they don't think you should be allowed your rights. The fucking parades obviously aren't doing it.

If there is anything our recent history in American Politics has shown us, it's that Americans vote for the person they feel is the most charismatic, articulate and seemingly sincere.

The Democratic party never had a better combination of messengers than President Bill Clinton and the man who brilliantly articulated the Democratic Part's platform, the Late Ron Brown (Former head of the DNC).

Together, they were able to speak to the people in terms that everybody understood. They spoke to the problems and hopes of the American people. They sought to unite us, not devide us and they offered compassionate solutions to domestic and international concerns.

The other thing they were both great at is showing America that the Democratic platform is the real American people's platform. Only the hardline, extremist conservatives didn't agree with most of what they stood for.

Until we stop picking our leaders on the left strictly on their record and ignoring their inabilities to articulate their message, we will continue to loose important races.

The reason why Southern White men are always able to inspire the masses better than their New England counter parts, may be because they grew up in an area of the country where southern preachers gave very emotional and inspiring sermons every Sunday. They learned to speak with charisma with just a pinch of charm mixed in.

The John Kerrys, Al Gores, and the like apeal to the intellectuals, but the everyday guy just doesn't get it. In fact he sometimes feels like this intellectual guys doesn't understand him/her.

It's true, some southerners are boring and I am not suggesting that our candidates should just come from the south. What I do suggest is that we need people like a Bill Clinton who can reach the hearts of America, not just their minds. Kerry was very articulate and came across as very intellegent. However, he still did not connect with middle America even though he was clearly the candidate who best rerpresented their issues.

Would Howard Dean be a good head of the DNC? Well, he is very passionate, but will he be able to lead the party's message nationwide in a chorus that appeals to most Americans? I don't know. He couldn't win the base of his own party, so I do have some doubts.

I think that Bill Clinton would be a brilliant head of the DNC.

He has demonstrated an ability to shape our message in a way that all can relate to and embrace. He has shown true leadership and would bring our message to the masses. He would make a better leader of our party. I wish we could vote on this issue, I certainly would vote for Clinton.

RE: Bill Clinton for DNC Chair!

Bill Clinton! Another excellent choice !!! Wish I thought of it!!!

Bill, the guy who looked the American public right in the eye, held up his thumb, and said "I did not have sexual relations with that Intern". Also noteworthy, "It depends on the meaning of the word 'is'", and of course the most noteable offense of lying under oath in a court of law in the Paula Jones case. Oh, and honorable mention for "passing" on the opportunity to kill Bin Laden, and on getting our troops shot up in w/o armor to protect them, having to import armor from freakin Pakistan to try to save them (watch "Blackhawk Down" if you missed the real-time history lesson).

Yep, that's the guy I'd want heading up the Democratic party.

Dude, there are tens of millions of Democrats in this country -- can't you find just ONE that doesn't have serious BAGGAGE???

Definition of BAGGAGE: It doesn't matter a DAMN what YOU think -- it's what other people think. If there are a significant number of people offended by said "BAGGAGE", then it's "BAGGAGE", plain and simple. Now go forth and choose your leaders more wisely, else the Dems shall lose more Senate and House seats in two years.

Ready (not sure why I'm trying to help you -- perhaps pitty???)

>Would Howard Dean be a good head of the DNC? Well, he is very

>passionate, but will he be able to lead the party's message

>nationwide in a chorus that appeals to most Americans? I don't

>know. He couldn't win the base of his own party, so I do have

>some doubts.

Howard Dean has a very clear vision of where the Democratic Party needs to be headed and he had, early on, the support of not only his base but of conservatives, too (our own Doug is an example here). What took him down was the concerted efforts of the establishment: the DNC, DLC and the party-approved attacks from Kerry/Gephardt/Kucinich...because Dean was an outsider, not a game-player, and was the people's candidate. Yes, the media also had a big hand in taking him down, as did his own horrible advertising. In the end, Iowans allowed themselves to be scared out of voting with their hearts and instead went with what they were being told was a "sure thing." The same thing happened to the GOP in '76...Reagan was the one they really wanted, but they went with Ford because he was deemed "more electable." Well, we know what happened in '80 and that's why I know Howard Dean can still be our candidate in '08. I don't want him to run the DNC...I want him to run for President.

It was so obvious when Karl Rove was cheering for Dean at a Dean rally last year...I mean, the attempt at reverse psychology could not have been more transparent. The GOP was terrified of Dean and knew he'd be a formidable opponent, and they also knew how much easier it would be to beat Kerry.

And...we REALLY need to do all the primaries on the same day. Why the heck was Iowa allowed to choose our candidate, and then they didn't even vote for him on Nov. 2? It's insane that it was basically over after NH and the rest of the states didn't have a say. That has to stop.

>Howard Dean has a very clear vision of where the Democratic

>Party needs to be headed and he had, early on, the support of

>not only his base but of conservatives, too (our own Doug is

>an example here). What took him down was the concerted

>efforts of the establishment: the DNC, DLC and the

>party-approved attacks from Kerry/Gephardt/Kucinich...because

>Dean was an outsider, not a game-player, and was the people's

>candidate. Yes, the media also had a big hand in taking him

>down, as did his own horrible advertising. In the end, Iowans

>allowed themselves to be scared out of voting with their

>hearts and instead went with what they were being told was a

>"sure thing." The same thing happened to the GOP in

>'76...Reagan was the one they really wanted, but they went

>with Ford because he was deemed "more electable." Well, we

>know what happened in '80 and that's why I know Howard Dean

>can still be our candidate in '08. I don't want him to run

>the DNC...I want him to run for President.

>

>It was so obvious when Karl Rove was cheering for Dean at a

>Dean rally last year...I mean, the attempt at reverse

>psychology could not have been more transparent. The GOP was

>terrified of Dean and knew he'd be a formidable opponent, and

>they also knew how much easier it would be to beat Kerry.

>

>And...we REALLY need to do all the primaries on the same day.

>Why the heck was Iowa allowed to choose our candidate, and

>then they didn't even vote for him on Nov. 2? It's insane

>that it was basically over after NH and the rest of the states

>didn't have a say. That has to stop.

You know I can never say no to you....Hehehehe It sounds like we are in agreement in principle. Let Howard Dean run in '08 and let Bill Clinton head the DNC. A match made in the Left wing heaven. With Clinton assisting in crafting the message and Dean steering the direction, it would be a one, two punch for victory.

Now, if we can only make it happen...... You think you can use your manly wilds to turn Clinton and Dean out and get them to go along with our plan??? LOL!!!!!

RE: Bill Clinton for DNC Chair!

Almost as good a choice as George Bush for President.

George, the guy who looked the American public right in the eye,

held up his thumb, and said "Mission Accomplished". Also noteworthy, "I truly am not that concerned about him", referring to Osama bin Laden. Oh, and honorable mention for "passing" on the

opportunity to kill Abu Musaab al-Zarqawi, and on getting our troops shot up w/o armor to protect them, having to import armor from freakin Pakistan to try to save them (watch "Blackhawk Down"

if you missed the real-time history lesson).

Yep, that's the guy I'd want heading up the country.

RE: Ready Checks In

"Definition of BAGGAGE: It doesn't matter a DAMN what YOU think -- it's what other people think. If there are a significant number of people offended by said "BAGGAGE", then it's "BAGGAGE", plain and simple."

So you do get it! Your posts are all tagged and ready!

Screaming Fire In A Crowded Building

For those who watched the national convention, it is obvious that someone who can be personable, presentable and articulate is needed. And, during the convention, such an example was readily available.

But he was not Terry McAullife, who while very good at raising money, which in politic, is and was very important, was not particularly presentable or articulate. On the other hand, Gillespie made the Stepford wives look like warm, charming human beings.

Ben Affleck, who unfortunately has the baggage of JLo, the strippers, the gambling, etc., would - as far as personality, presentation and electricity, be a good example of what the party should aim for. Clinton has the charisma, fundraising powress, and is certainly articulate, but he cannot contribute all that without being chair. Likewise, Dean is far more personable and articulate when not making a speech, but he will likely continue to do this and work for his own group as well as within the party, without being the chair.

The need someone like Al Gore's daughter, Karina, or Caroline Kennedy (who would never agree to do it), who has both the charisma and pedigree as well as personality and articulation.

Archived