Well I hope they are happpy now!

bigguyinpasadena
This topic is 6594 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

The mindless masses of IDIOTS who live in the center of the country have spoken.

The same masses that ensure that this country will always be the laughing stock of the educated world,that ensure the status quo of our "culture"leans heavily towards American Idol,Dr.Phil,and The De Vinci Code,that rewards Jocks more than educators,corporate criminals rather than humanitarians has made a choice.A stupid choice,based in fear rather than in hope for the future and the future of their children.

That those in the red states can afford to vote for Bush because they have nothing to lose. They have no culture, no industry, no vibrant thriving city life. All they have is their miserable existence in the middle of Bumfuck.

When attacks come, they do not come to a cornfield or some barren desert or some windblown wasteland or god-forsaken swampland (aka red states). Attacks are on OUR homes, our friends, our families, and our lives. Red America merely has to sit back, wave their flags, and worship their leader.

It makes me mad as hell that as others have pointed out, not only do we have to pay for their ignorance in economic handouts, we have to pay for their ignorance in many many other ways.

Furthermore, the Reds have no appreciation for art, beauty, literature, or history. No aesthetic sensibility at all and those who do are maligned as, well, art-fags/ artsy-fartsy/ etc. New experiences are terrifying rather than enlightening to these people. Those that they do not understand are to be feared and then destroyed. Culture war, indeed!

And as to the fags on this board who are gloating,and to those who voted for the LIAR,THIEF,and TRAITOR-SHAME SHAME SHAME.Ihope you have your dick and balls chopped off by one of the facist who are cheering the "victory"of this horrid excuse of a "leader' and his toadies.

I will not look at this thread again-flame away.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest skrubber

Now isn't that nice. Something I would expect from a poor loser. Come on the message board and call the majority of Americans a mindless mass of IDIOTS. And accusing them of being the source of us being the laughing stock of the world. Well those of us here in the middle of bumfuck will never listen to someone who spews such vicious barbs in such a nasty way. Face it. You lost. Myself, I am not Republican or Democratic. But please stop your wining. I in fact am looking forward to that grossly fat bitch that Benjamin is offering up.

Members of the Bush sect are not idiots.

They're just slow learners.

Just because they have been brainwashed into drinking the Kool-Aid, doesn't mean they won't eventually notice a bitter taste.

Give them time. A lot of them will come around.

So good to see you take HooBoy's and Daddy's admonitions to heart.

Such hateful spewing, and disrespect towards others that don't agree with your opinion, is one of the very reasons that you are enjoying the second term of GWB. That attitude turned off a lot of voters, and not just in the red states, leading them to cast their ballot for Bush. Played right into Karl Rove's plans, so who are the real idiots?

I'm happy!

OOOOOOH so THAT's what people mean when they use the term Coastal Elitists... I thought it was a made up entity before reading this post. WOW and from someone who I imagine claims to be a tolerant, liberal, open minded democrat.

Here in Denver we passed a MASSIVE public transportation initiative, police investigation reform, and the Scientific and Cultural Facilities District tax was extended for twelve years, a tax that cultural facilities in most of the rest of the country drool over with awe and envy. The Daniel Lebiskind addition to the Art Museum is progressing along nicely.. which had to be approved with a vote of the people here in the Denver area. Pete Coors was beaten by a Hispanic rancher democrat for the senate.

The state legislature is now in democratic hands for the first time in years, and we also gave our nine electoral votes to George Bush. Clearly the state got more democratic and the people who voted for GW were NOT stupid. Despite looking really hard for them I can't seem to find any drooling, clumbsy, toothless morons anywhere in Colorado and I'm sure that if I went to any of the "red" states around me I'd fail to find them there. Perhaps the unthinking, nauseating, elitist condescension that your post drips with has something more to do with people's behavior in this election?

RE: I'm not happy! But ...

Here I am in the fourth largest city in America. One that could easily be fairly much devastated by an enemy attack on our oil refineries. One where the local opera company probably does commissions more original operas than most other city's opera companies do. A city with world class artists in opera, ballet, symphony and theater. I think that our regional theater, The Alley, was the first one to get a Regional Theater Tony Award. (If not the first, at least really early on.) A city whose main airport (We have two.) has the most on time departures and arrivals of any other airport, if I remember the newspaper article correctly. And, yes, Gio, Denver airport was in the top five on both counts, too. And I am talking about Houston!

And up in Dallas, just this last Tuesday, an Hispanic gay woman was elected County Sheriff. Regular church goer, too, if I read my MCC literature correctly.

Yet, a small outlying town reelected Tom DeLay. Our governor is a Republican idiot you better hope isn't favored by the president making machinery. He's stupider than W. And, of course, W hails from these parts.

But then, so do Ann Richards and Molly Ivans. And Chris Bell, the Senator who will eventually take DeLay down.

"When attacks come, they do not come to a cornfield or some barren desert or some windblown wasteland or god-forsaken swampland (aka red states). Attacks are on OUR homes, our friends, our families, and our lives"

Don't you live in Pasadena? So when was YOUR home in the LA area attacked by terrorists?

The only attacks by foreign terrorists occurred in NYC and Arlington, VA on 09/11/01 and in NYC at the WTC in 1993.

Of course there was the domestic terrorist attack in Oklahoma City in 1995. You have heard of Oklahoma?, one of those red states that you rile about and dismiss as being filled with idiots. x(

BTW: It is OKAY for you to post this offensive, hateful, name-calling bs on the board, but not OKAY for Doug69 to do so, especially when his post wasn't 1/2 as nasty, offensive and vitriolic as your post? If this board is fair, then you should be getting some Golden Showers from BD too!

>

>BTW: It is OKAY for you to post this offensive, hateful,

>name-calling bs on the board, but not OKAY for Doug69 to do

>so, especially when his post wasn't 1/2 as nasty, offensive

>and vitriolic as your post? If this board is fair, then you

>should be getting some Golden Showers from BD too!

Well, good Ol' Dougie has a history of going over the top. He has some issues that need to be resolved.

"Well, good Ol' Dougie has a history of going over the top. He has some issues that need to be resolved."

Oh PLEASE, good ol' Dougie, at least in my opinion, has never gone anymore "over the top" than the very author who opened this thread!

And btw, just why do you think it is okay for an anonymous poster, whether that poster is me or you or anyone else, to state that other posters have "issues that need to be resolved"? :( I'm not involved in the mental health care field, but if you are, then maybe you, unlike me, can make such a general statement about the mental well-being of other anonymous posters to a message board.

Democracy For Dummies

>(In case you missed it before.)

In case you missed it, the Associated Press provides a county by county vote comparison. It is far more instructive of this Red / Blue divide so many are now so worked up about. In BON's thread about maps in this forum, my reply points you to this map at the Los Angeles Times web site, but in essence, there are islands of blue in nearly every (although admittedly not all) state. The few totally red (or nearly red) states are just that - very few.

As for Big Guy's comment, I think the editorial section of the New York Times on Friday is very instructive, particularly this piece: http://www.nytimes.com/2004/11/05/opinion/05herbert.html?n=Top%2fOpinion%2fEditorials%20and%20Op%2dEd%2fOp%2dEd%2fColumnists

In other words, nothing has changed. Mr. Bush's victory on Tuesday was not based on his demonstrated competence in office or on a litany of perceived successes. For all the talk about values that we're hearing, the president ran a campaign that appealed above all to voters' fears and prejudices. He didn't say he'd made life better for the average American over the past four years. He didn't say he had transformed the schools, or made college more affordable, or brought jobs to the unemployed or health care to the sick and vulnerable.

He said, essentially, be very afraid. Be frightened of terrorism, and of those dangerous gay marriages, and of those in this pluralistic society who may have thoughts and beliefs and values that differ from your own.

As usual, he turned reality upside down. A quintessential American value is tolerance for ideas other than one's own. Tuesday's election was a dismaying sprint toward intolerance, sparked by a smiling president who is a master at appealing to the baser aspects of our natures.

As usual, he turned reality upside down. A quintessential American value is tolerance for ideas other than one's own. Tuesday's election was a dismaying sprint toward intolerance, sparked by a smiling president who is a master at appealing to the baser aspects of our natures.

Which brings me to the Democrats - the ordinary voters, not the politicians - and where they go from here. I have been struck by the extraordinary demoralization, even dark despair, among a lot of voters who desperately wanted John Kerry to defeat Mr. Bush. "We did all we could," one woman told me, "and we still lost."

Here's my advice: You had a couple of days to indulge your depression - now, get over it. The election's been lost but there's still a country to save, and with the current leadership that won't be easy. Crucial matters that have been taken for granted too long - like the Supreme Court and Social Security - are at risk. Caving in to depression and a sense of helplessness should not be an option when the country is speeding toward an abyss.

Roll up your sleeves and do what you can. Talk to your neighbors. Call or write your elected officials. Volunteer to help in political campaigns. Circulate petitions. Attend meetings. Protest. Run for office. Support good candidates who are running for office. Register people to vote. Reach out to the young and the apathetic. Raise money. Stay informed. And vote, vote, vote - every chance you get.

Democracy is a breeze during good times. It's when the storms are raging that citizenship is put to the test. And there's a hell of a wind blowing right now.

This is a particular instructive column when you read David Brooks and Nicholas Kristoff in this dates Times, who basically suggest that the red voters were not rural homophobic hicks but part of diverse and stable republican majority (Brooks) or that what Democrats need to do is appeal to the physical and geographic center of the country. When you look at the county by county comparison, you realize there is a definite urban/suburban and metropolitan/rural divide, but it encompasses the entire county, not just the coastal areas with everything in between left aside.

Well, there was the case of Ressam, the Algerian who was on his way to the LA airport, LAX, to bomb it when he was caught at the Washington state border point with Canada. If that border agent had not spotted him, I shudder to think what he might have done.

Amendment 2

>Isn't Colorado the state that voted to rescind legal

>protection from discrimination against gays? I can't recall

>how this issue was resolved so would appreciate any

>enlightenment you can provide.:)

If you are thinking of this, yes, they did vote to: repeal anti-discrimination ordinances in several Colorado cities, and prohibit the passage of any such ordinances in the future. but this was over a decade ago. In 1996, the U.S. Supreme Court overturned it, a decision which was opposed by Mr. Bush's favorite Justice, Scalia, the man Mr. Bush will likely soon replace, the chief justice, and the ignominy to the Court appointed by his father to replace Justice Marshall.

RE: Amendment 2

My Mother was still living in Colorado Springs at the time this vote passed and told me that the wording was extremely confusing and that many of the people who thought that they were voting in favor of allowing gay rights laws wound up voting against it by mistake.

RE: Amendment 2

VERY VERY VERY misleading advertisements for it. And the wording made it sound as if you could be voting for anything. The TV ads went something like

" Civil rights shouldn't be a home rule issue, cities shouldn't be able to decide what civil rights they will grant and deny, the entire state should decide.. that's why I'm voting for Amendment 2"

And similar themes.

All of the adds would have minorities, African American, Hispanic, Asian, or women reading the text. Very slimy, and very successful ad campaign. Backers could count on 90% of people in Colorado Springs voting for it and just had to trick a few others around the state to get it passed. It never went into effect.

Gio in Denver

"I do not love the bright sword for it's sharpness, nor the arrow for it's swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend."

Guest gentle guy

Logic to its inevitable conclusion

Gio, since you are a bluecityer in red state, does that make you purple? Hey, that would mean you are gay! Who would have thunk it? (You certainly aren't an annoying dinosaur...)

You remember that purple dinosaur and his song:

I love you

You love me

Homosexuality

People think that we're just friends

When we're really lesbians.

Okay, that was bad, but I just couldn't help myself... :+

It's not purple........ it's LAVENDER

> (You certainly aren't an annoying dinosaur...)

or at least not a dinosaur...

Gio in Denver

"I do not love the bright sword for it's sharpness, nor the arrow for it's swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend."

Guest gentle guy

RE: It's not purple........ it's LAVENDER

In a hideous sort of way, Felicia Jollygoodfellow.

(I showed my credentials, since you showed yours.) :*

RE: It's not purple........ it's LAVENDER

Maybe Gio's a Massageasaurus!

HAH! GET IT?? MASSAGE-A-SORE-ASS? GET IT?

HAHAHAHAHA.....

Ok, I do love a bad pun, and this is probably the foremost trait that has kept me single. What's a girl to do?

La Trix

Archived