A question for ready182

BewareofNick
This topic is 6103 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Quote ready182:

I am voting for George W. Bush because because of his integrity, compassion, and his wisdon to surround himself with high-quality people.

Ready, could you perhaps give examples of George Bush's

a)integrity

b)compassion

c)wisdom (heh)

and d)high quality people?

I have yet to find any examples of the above.

Why Tri, isn't that Miss Miranda on your icon? I hope you have a guest bedroom, because if we are to suffer 4 more years of Bush, I may flee the country and become a Carioca myself.

"Thank God for Brazil; otherwise I'd never get laid at all." - Winston Churchill

Trix

Yes, that IS Ms. Miranda, whose life and art have been a HUGE influence on my own!

Fortunately, November is still "low season" in Rio. There will be hotel rooms available for all of the refugees if Dubya manages to get elected on Tuesday! I don't know how we're going to squeeze you all in at Corujinha's, though! And it could be a real mob scene at the saunas! One thing's for sure, though, there will ALWAYS be enough guys to go around. It's one of the many inexplicable, but magical, mysteries of Brazil!!!

I am not sure how seriously you are taking this question but it is asked in a serious manner. I simply don't see these qualities in Bush anywhere:

\In*teg"ri*ty\, n. [L. integritas: cf. F. int['e]grit['e]. See Integer, and cf. Entirety.] 1. The state or quality of being entire or complete; wholeness; entireness; unbroken state; as, the integrity of an empire or territory. --Sir T. More.

2. Moral soundness; honesty; freedom from corrupting influence or motive; -- used especially with reference to the fulfillment of contracts, the discharge of agencies, trusts, and the like; uprightness; rectitude.

The moral grandeur of independent integrity is the sublimest thing in nature. --Buckminster.

Their sober zeal, integrity. and worth. --Cowper.

3. Unimpaired, unadulterated, or genuine state; entire correspondence with an original condition; purity.

compassion

n 1: a deep awareness of and sympathy for another's suffering [syn: compassionateness] 2: the humane quality of understanding the suffering of others and wanting to do something about it [syn: pity]

wis·dom ( P ) Pronunciation Key (wzdm)

n.

The ability to discern or judge what is true, right, or lasting; insight.

1. Common sense; good judgment: “It is a characteristic of wisdom not to do desperate things” (Henry David Thoreau).

2. The sum of learning through the ages; knowledge: “In those homely sayings was couched the collective wisdom of generations” (Maya Angelou).

3. Wise teachings of the ancient sages.

4. A wise outlook, plan, or course of action.

5. Wisdom Bible. Wisdom of Solomon.

high quality

n : the quality of being superior [syn: superiority] [ant: inferiority

One could wonder what a republican does to have fun...watch the uninsured line up for helath care? or count the tax deductions the wealthy are getting? or figure out new ways to screw the little guy?

But I won't. I am glad that ready is having fun on halloween. Just don't scare little kids!:)

BoN wrote:

"Ready, could you perhaps give examples of George Bush's

a)integrity

b)compassion

c)wisdom (heh)

and d)high quality people?

I have yet to find any examples of the above."

Well, not doubt expaining this to some of you is a total waste of time, as anyone who doesn't "get it" by now, probably never will.

Bush has integrity because he tells the truth, and does exactly what he says. He consistently does what he believes is right for the country, and does not change his position nor back down when the polls and the press don't support his position.

Now I know you are going to say that "WMD" was a lie. Of course, it was not. Saying what you believe to be true, especially when there is tons of documented reasons why you believe it to be true, is hardly a lie. There is a difference between a mistake and a lie.

As for compassion, a clever example is shown in a recent Bush commercial, where he hugs the young girl who lost her mother on Sept 11. There were plenty of other examples, if you had been paying attention. One that comes to mind is when he went to the site in PA where the Sept 11 plane crashed, and met with the families -- most of whom had only praise for Bush's genuine compassion.

Look at the diffence in the retoric between Kerry and Bush. I challenge you to find a sound bite where Bush, when referring to Kerry and/or his positions, uses harsh words like "incompetent", "disaster", "total failure", "embarrasment", etc. Bush speaks in a professional manner, while Kerry sounds like a spoiled brat on the playground.

As for wisdom, I'm sure there is nothing I can say to convince you of Bush's intelligence. Recently there were some experts? on the news that supposedly calculated Bush's I.Q. as higher than Kerry's. But I don't expect you to believe that based on those so-called experts.

What I specifically said was Bush "has the wisdom to surround himself with high-quality people". Consistently, throughout the Bush administration, you find career professional people who's resumes actually qualify them for the positions they hold. Whether you like these people, or disagree with their positions, they have solid qualifications. Examples include Cheney, Rumsfield, Rice, and Powell. In contrast, look at the bunch of crooks, lawyers, and misfits that made up the Clinton administration. I don't remember the specifics, but I think maybe as many as 20 of them were indicted during the 8-years of Clinton.

While were're talking about qualification, what qualifies John Edwards to be president? The answer is simple -- nothing. He's a trial attorney with one term in the Senate.

As for Kerrys qualifications, #1 he spent less than 30 days in Vietnam (to hear him talk you'd think he was there for years). #2 he spent a long time in the senate, but I have yet to hear of even one significant accomplishment during his service. I do know he missed alot of meeting, and voted against my preferences on many issues.

Kerry is such a liar, he won't even tell the truth about what kind of car he drives. He told the Auto-workers that he drives an american-made SUV, but told the environmentalists that he drives an economy car. When challenged on the conflicting statements, he said the SUV belongs to his wife. I'm surprised he didn't blame it on acid reflux.

One big credibility with Kerry is he says everything is 100% fucked up. Now lets be reasonable, everything can't be 100% wrong. And the reality is if Kerry is elected, he will have to work with the same military, FBI, CIA, boarder patrol, etc. that he now says are completely incompetent.

The sad fact is that the attempted impeachment of Clinton, followed by the Florida election mess that resulted in Bush being in the White House, have made many Democrats insane with anger and unable to debate the issues in a reasonable manner.

Sigh! It's clear that Democrats are from Earth and Republicans are from Uranus! Things have become so polarized that we see the same facts and end up understanding them entirely differently. (Although in some cases I think ready's "facts" are concoctions, although I'll leave it to Rick or another member of the truth squad to point them out.) The yawning gulf between the two sides doesn't bode well for America, no matter who wins the election tomorrow. America will continue to be deeply divided after Nov. 2nd, and in perilous times that's not a good thing. :-(

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

RE: ready... for Impeachment!

I, too, wish someone would try to start impeachment proceedings. Of course, they should include Cheney. Given that we'd be stuck with Hastert for President if impeachment were successful, I'd prefer that it not be. But a serious impeachment debate in the House might help open Americans' eyes further to the monumental mendacity and malfeasance of this administration. Granted, eyes seem to be opening, anyway. The ever-descending spiral in Iraq is evident to everyone except the spinmeisters-in-chief. The situation in Iran is getting very scary, and these creeps are crazy enough to start yet another hideously ill-advised war there, one which would make the Iraq fiasco look like a mere sideshow. The plight of the Gulf Coast and the administration's utter failure at helping people rebuild their cities and their lives is evident to everyone, and most people understand that another hurricane season is on the way without any sign that preparations are being made to deal with it. Bird flu is making scary advances while Bush fiddles. The ice caps are melting faster than ever while the administration moves heaven and earth to make the world safe for big oil.

You can fool all of the people some of the time, but not all of the time, and the Republicans have forgotten that. Americans are amazingly trusting in their governments, but they're not utter fools and when they do start paying attention, as they finally seem to be doing, political earthquakes have been known to happen. I sure hope that's the case now. Just the fact that a grass-roots effort to push Congress towards impeachment is getting started seems to confirm that Americans are waking up to the umparalleled lies, corruption and malevolence of this administration.

RE: ready... for Impeachment!

The best bet is to avoid the hassle of trying to impeach these guys and concentrate on getting a Democratic House. Then we can investigate them to death and make lawyers rich.

Here's an example of one of those high-quality peopel that Bush surrounded himself with:

http://thinkprogress.org/wp-content/uploads/2006/03/allen1.JPG

Former White House Adviser Arrested

By THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

Published: March 10, 2006

Filed at 9:25 p.m. ET

COLLEGE PARK, Md. (AP) -- A former domestic policy adviser to President Bush has been charged with theft for allegedly receiving phony refunds at department stores.

Claude Alexander Allen, 45, was arrested Thursday by Montgomery County police for allegedly claiming refunds more than $5,000 worth of merchandise he did not buy, according to county and federal authorities.

Allen was the No. 2 official in the Health and Human Services Department when Bush nominated him in April 2003 to the 4th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals in Richmond, Va. Bush nominated to the court again a year later, but Allen never received a Senate vote.

During his confirmation hearing, Allen was questioned about his use of the word ''queer'' when he was a press aide to Sen. Jesse Helms, R-N.C., in 1984. Allen said he didn't intend it as a slur against gay people.

In early 2005, Bush hired Allen as a domestic policy adviser. He resigned abruptly on Feb. 9, saying he wanted to spend more time with his family.

Calls to Allen's home in Gaithersburg, a Washington suburb, were not returned. The White House also did not return calls seeking comment.

Allen has been under investigation since at least January for the alleged thefts on 25 different occasions at Target and Hecht's stores, a police spokesman, Lt. Eric Burnett, said. Police reviewed his credit card records to track his purchase.

Police believe Allen would buy items, take them to his car, then return to the store with his receipt. He would select the same items, then take them to the store return desk and show the receipt from the first purchase. Using that method, he would receive credit for the second items on his credit cards, Burnett said.

Allen was allegedly seen Jan. 2 at a Target in Gaithersburg taking items off the shelf that he then took the return desk. He had a receipt for the merchandise, was given a refund and left.

The items he allegedly received fraudulent refunds for include clothing, a Bose theater system and stereo equipment. Some purchases were as little as $2.50.

Allen was released on his own recognizance by a Montgomery District Court judge.

Before joining the Bush administration, Allen was Virginia Health and Human Resources secretary.

From a neighbor:

See the whole picture with respect to President Bush and his record...

When I evaluate Bush, here is what I see: An intellectually incurious man whose primary resource in making decisions is his faith; a man who preaches the sanctity of freedom and democracy, but whose administration revels in secrecy; a cheerleader for family and community, whose fiscal policies are driving the middle class toward poverty and despair; a leader whose greatest point of pride is his honesty and integrity, yet who has been proved to be, if not dishonest, at least disingenuous (with respect to the breaching of the levees in New Orleans).

The record? A war of choice that has left the Middle East less stable than it was before; a federal agency that proved itself grossly incapable in the face of disaster; a federal deficit and trade gap that will be borne by several future generations; a system of border-and-port security that allows rampant illegal immigration and un-inspected cargo; and a government that places politics ahead of science, and muzzles those who would speak in dissent of policy.

Archived