Just Maybe Ol' Bush is Smarter Than You Think ...

ready182
This topic is 6620 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

... ya know Bush has the far right wing up his ass cause they hate anything gay, yet we all know Bush has very close associates (i.e. Cheney) who have gay members in their families. So how does George pacify the far right without doing any harm to the real pro-gay cause? Answer, announce support for a constitutional amendment on marriage that has ZERO chance of passing. Brilliant!!!

Yeah, but he got waffle-y during the debates on the issues of homosexuality and abortion. He didn't toe the extreme right party lines verbatim, and that crowd is definitely of the "either you're with us or against us" persuasion. And no deviations are allowed. I hope they'll see that Bush's enthusiasm for their obsessions isn't that strong. Then they can feel betrayed and stay home on Nov. 2nd. . .

>... ya know Bush has the far right wing up his ass cause they

>hate anything gay, yet we all know Bush has very close

>associates (i.e. Cheney) who have gay members in their

>families. So how does George pacify the far right without

>doing any harm to the real pro-gay cause? Answer, announce

>support for a constitutional amendment on marriage that has

>ZERO chance of passing. Brilliant!!!

No, Bush is not smarter than I think. I believe he is every bit the buffoon he has shown himself to be. I doubt anyone, anywhere hasn't already figured out that his push for the ammendment during an election year was nothing more than a shallow panderring to the the far right. Including the far right. All he has done is make them even more angry because he is patronizing them. Only a dumby would think they wouldn't catch on. About the only thing he did get right was his assumption that the "Log Cabin Republicans" would still stand by his side and take the slap in the face.

He did get that right. Hmmmmm.... maybe he isn't so dumb after all.

A Democratic president, Bill Clinton, signed the Don't Ask, Don't Tell and the DOMA bills. Another Democrat, John Kerry, has come out in support of an amendment to the Massachusettes state constitution to legally ban gay marriage in that state, the VERY state that is being held up as the "shining light" of gay marriage rights!

Bush, savvy little politician that he is, proposed just such an anti-gay marriage amendment to the U.S. Constitution, with full knowledge that it would not pass thru Congress, knowing that it would make him look good with the far right Christians, who, as such, will vote for him next month.

Which is worse???? An enemy that openly declares himself as such, or a sneaky, cloaked pseudo-supporter who demands that gay marriage be left up to individual states, while advocating an amendment to the state constitution against such in his very own state?

"Only a dumby would think they wouldn't catch on. "

Does "dumby" have big ears and fly like a helicopter? Oops that's Dumbo!

Or did you mean someone who is too dumb to catch your point? Oops that's "dummy"?

Or perhaps you meant Gumby? Nah, as I assume that you feel Eddie Murphy's portrayal as such, is a disgrace to Afro-Americans, as he is yet another "wannabee whitey" playing the "black buffoon" to suck up whitey's dollars, while stomping on his fellow black Americans.

Surely you didn't mean "gummy"??? Those stickly little candies with the surname Bears? You know the ones, they stick to your bridgework! :(

>A Democratic president, Bill Clinton, signed the Don't Ask,

>Don't Tell and the DOMA bills. Another Democrat, John Kerry,

>has come out in support of an amendment to the Massachusettes

>state constitution to legally ban gay marriage in that state,

>the VERY state that is being held up as the "shining light" of

>gay marriage rights!

>

>Bush, savvy little politician that he is, proposed just such

>an anti-gay marriage amendment to the U.S. Constitution, with

>full knowledge that it would not pass thru Congress, knowing

>that it would make him look good with the far right

>Christians, who, as such, will vote for him next month.

>

>Which is worse???? An enemy that openly declares himself as

>such, or a sneaky, cloaked pseudo-supporter who demands that

>gay marriage be left up to individual states, while advocating

>an amendment to the state constitution against such in his

>very own state?

>

>

I am so sick of people posting on this board about the proposed marriage amendment in Massachusetts, when they have no idea what they are talking about.

The proposed amendment in Massachusetts (which will not pass), defines marriage as between a man and a woman; BUT AT THE SAME TIME DEFINES AND REQUIRES CIVIL UNIONS FOR GAY PEOPLE WITH ALL OF THE RIGHTS AND PRIVELEGES OF MARRIAGE.

Although I do not support the amendment, at least the amendment recognizes gay people and gaurantees our rights. This is a far cry from DOMA or President Bush's Proposed Constitutional Amendment.

John Kerry has always supported gay rights, President Bush has always opposed them. Those are the facts boys.

The anti-marriage amendment in Massachusetss is dying politically anyway. There has been a change in the leadership of the Massachusetts House of Represntatives. The new Speaker supports gay marriage, and will not push for the amendmnet. Opposition to gay marriage in Massachusetts has withered since its inception in May. Gay people are getting married, and the world continues to turn. No one has been harmed by gay mrriage, and most reasonable people are OK with it now. Polling shows that if the amendment ever makes to the voters, it would not pass in Massachusetts.

>

>

>A Democratic president, Bill Clinton, signed the Don't Ask,

>Don't Tell and the DOMA bills.

There was never a "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" bill. It was an executive order that created rights for gays in the military.

DOMA was a desperate election-year attempt to make gay rights an issue. Ironically, it created rights that Bush now wants to take away.

RE: Ready to be an Idiot

>... ya know Bush has the far right wing up his ass cause they

>hate anything gay,

Yes. And I assume that is the same reason you support him.

>yet we all know Bush has very close

>associates (i.e. Cheney) who have gay members in their

>families.

Right. It's called "hypocrisy." Ever heard of it?

> So how does George pacify the far right without

>doing any harm to the real pro-gay cause? Answer, announce

>support for a constitutional amendment on marriage that has

>ZERO chance of passing. Brilliant!!!

Funny, that's exactly what many German Jews said about Hitler during the 30s. He was cleverly gaining the support of racists by declaring himself in favor of measures that the nation would never support once he was actually in office. What a pity they turned out to be so wrong.

>"Only a dumby would think they wouldn't catch on. "

>

>Does "dumby" have big ears and fly like a helicopter? Oops

>that's Dumbo!

>

>Or did you mean someone who is too dumb to catch your point?

>Oops that's "dummy"?

>

>Or perhaps you meant Gumby? Nah, as I assume that you feel

>Eddie Murphy's portrayal as such, is a disgrace to

>Afro-Americans, as he is yet another "wannabee whitey" playing

>the "black buffoon" to suck up whitey's dollars, while

>stomping on his fellow black Americans.

>

>Surely you didn't mean "gummy"??? Those stickly little

>candies with the surname Bears? You know the ones, they stick

>to your bridgework! :(

Was this the best you could come up with? Now you sound like your hero Bush. Chanting in the school yard. "Flip flopper, Flip flopper, Flip flopper."

So what if I was tired and it was late and didn't quite watch the spelling. Bush still has the IQ of a Turtle. I guess when confronted with the truth, you have to resort to childish school yard pranks. Just like your hero Bush.

>No, Bush is not smarter than I think. I believe he is every

>bit the buffoon he has shown himself to be.

That is one thing that Bush's opposition always seems to think, and it has bitten them in the Ass everytime. That is to believe he is some dumbass. The last time he was under estimated, the 2002 Congressional Elections, he almost single handedly regained control of the Senate for the Republicans when everyone had guaranteed the Democrats would gain a firm majority. Never under estimate your opponent. On this subject I saw a Kerry interview on some cable channel, forgot which one, and he stated the same thing and said he knows Bush is not dumb as many imply. He said Bush was actually very smart and that he was not going to under estimate the man as so many others had. If Kerry holds to that thought he might have a chance to be the person that finally beats him .

RE: Ready to be an Idiot

And now, over six decades later, we seem to have no memory of what took place then. Look around the world and you will find that the old lessons in history were not learned. In fact, they are being re-established in new, yet terrifying ways.

Archived