Will Bush Protect O'Reilly?

Ignoto
This topic is 6618 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Fox News' blowhard Bill O'Reilly has met his match -- a female producer who is suing him for sexual harassment. But if we can trust the fair and balanced information that is coming out from this duo, the affair may go all the way to the White House. The Daily News reports:

Mackris also claims that O'Reilly threatened her.

"If you cross Fox News Channel, it's not just me, it's [Fox President] Roger Ailes who will go after you," he allegedly said.

Describing himself as "the street guy out front making loud noises about the issues," O'Reilly allegedly said Ailes "makes things happen so that one day, BAM!"

O'Reilly allegedly suggested this fate would befall his liberal nemesis, comedian Al Franken.

"One day he's going to get a knock on his door and life as he's known it will change forever," O'Reilly reportedly said. "Ailes knows very powerful people and this goes all the way to the top."

When Mackris asked, "To the top of what?" O'Reilly allegedly replied, "Top of the country."

O'Reilley has not supported Bush or even said that he will vote for him. Bush has no power to influence the lawsuit. Don't believe everything that you read in a lawsuit filed for big money.

O'Reilly Another Right Wing Hypocrite

Yes, I think we should believe each and every accusation made in the complaint (which can be found in its entirety on thesmokinggun.com) for the simple reason that the complaint must be signed under oath in order to be filed. If the complaint quotes statements allegedly made by the defendant then the complainant had better be prepared to testify under penalty of perjury that she personally heard those statements made, because if she signed the complaint and then can't verify in some manner that the statements in it were made she is going to be in a hell of a lot of trouble. Most likely the statements quoted were recorded in some manner.

O'Reilly, like Rush Limbaugh, has for years bloviated about the moral shortcomings of others and now finds himself exposed as a sexual predator. Like most on the Right he is nothing but a filthy, lying hypocrite who should be exiled to Latvia. Immediately.

Bigot

>Like most on the Right he is nothing

>but a filthy, lying hypocrite who should be exiled to Latvia.

>Immediately.

Latvia is a beautiful place with a progressive government. First Lieutenant Olafs Baumanis of the Latvian Army was killed in Iraq, but just because the country was duped into supporting the Bush/Blair bloodbath is no reason to be negative about his homeland.

The allegations in the O'Reilly lawsuit must be true. After all, they both work for Fox News, right?

RE: Bigot

>Latvia is a beautiful place with a progressive government.

You're right. I meant Livonia.

>The allegations in the O'Reilly lawsuit must be true. After

>all, they both work for Fox News, right?

The allegations in the suit filed BY O'Reilly may well be factually true -- that his accuser and her lawyer told him that they would sue him unless he paid a lot of money to settle the matter -- but that does not constitute extortion if the accuser and her lawyer believed that there were grounds for the suit they threatened.

>

>The allegations in the suit filed BY O'Reilly may well be

>factually true -- that his accuser and her lawyer told him

>that they would sue him unless he paid a lot of money to

>settle the matter -- but that does not constitute extortion if

>the accuser and her lawyer believed that there were grounds

>for the suit they threatened.

>

HUH? I have no legal background but would you please explain that to me. I may be brain dead but isn't that asking for money under pressure? That isn't extortion?

>HUH? I have no legal background but would you please explain

>that to me. I may be brain dead but isn't that asking for

>money under pressure? That isn't extortion?

I don't know whether you are brain dead. But if asking for a monetary settlement in return for dropping a lawsuit constituted extortion, then every settlement discussion ever held in the course of civil litigation -- and there are thousands of those taking place every day -- would be a crime. Again, if the accuser and her lawyer had a good faith belief that she has a valid cause of action against O'Reilly for sexual harassment, then asking him to pay them money in order to drop the matter is NOT extortion. To convict them of extortion it would be necessary to prove that they knew the suit was baseless and had invented the sexual harassment story in an attempt to get money from him.

>O'Reilley has not supported Bush or even said that he will

>vote for him. Bush has no power to influence the lawsuit.

>Don't believe everything that you read in a lawsuit filed for

>big money.

Not supported Bush? Let's see: O'Reilly works for Fox News. O'Reilly is a Republican. Did you not see the so-called "interview" (real big Dr. Evil hand quotes here)? O'Reilly pitched softballs to Shrubya and even answered half the questions for him.

http://img.coxnewsweb.com/C/02/30/66/image_766302.gif

However, I don't believe Shrubya would get involved in this lawsuit. He hasn't gotten involved in Rxush's case, so no reason to believe he would get involved in O'Reilly's. That's called the O'Blowhard Factor.

http://img.coxnewsweb.com/C/04/56/44/image_944564.gif

It is also extortion if they demand an amount far in excess of its judgment value. Her, she asked 60 million, far about any damages she could have sustained. Not all states require the Complaint to be under oath, most no longer do, and the Federal Courts do not. And it is very seldom that a litigant gets into trouble for filing a false Complaint. Also, remember that the important issue will not be what he said to her, but what her response was. It is only harrassment if the comments were unwelcome. If she smiled, laughed or encouraged him any way she will get nowhere with the suit. In view of the amount demanded it seems likely that she encouraged him enough to get him on tape.

> Her, she asked 60 million, far about

>any damages she could have sustained.

And your source for that is?

Maybe just O'Reilly's side of the story?

You do know, don't you, that no amount is mentioned in the lawsuit she filed?

Which was filed, only after O'Reilly filed the first lawsuit?

Archived