Kerry/Edwards Vs. Bush/Cheney 2-0 David survived Goliath

SouthBeachBtm
This topic is 6629 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

While the Edwards Cheney debate was clearly closer, Edwards will still end up victorious because everybody expected Cheney to clean Edwards' clock.

Cheney often appeared surprised at how well the young, new kid on the block performed tonight. While Chenny is supposed to be the "Ultra Alpha male" and was supposed to dominate and possibly even humiliate the less experienced Edwards, he hardly came across as the more informed, more credible and best choice for vice- president.

Edwards who most of America new very little about demonstrated to the world that he was articulate, knowledgable and focused. He clearly defined his ticket's position on many domestic and international issues and may have possibly put the "Flip Flop" issue to rest once and for all.

No he didn't spank Cheney the way that Kerry battered Bush, but he did come across more credible and seasoned than his elder oponent.

I disagree slightly. I thought Cheney did better due to experience and sure-footedness, but Edwards held his own, and I think that's all he had to do for Kerry to keep most of the momentum. Hopefully, the future debates will continue the Kerry whomping Bush trend. =oP

Actually, I kind of agree. It was indeed very close. However, Cheney was expected to clean Edwards clock and indeed needed to do so in order to counteract Bush's pour performance last week. But he did not make a clear command of the debate as was expected and hense has failed to do what he was charged to do.

Edwards only had to hold his own, and he did.

I also don't think Cheney was "on top" of the issues or the answers, compared to Edwards. He frequently ducked questions by shifting topics, while Edwards honed in on the subject matter over and over again. At moments when it looked like Cheney would finally go on the attack, he'd kind of withdraw and just say that's all he had to say! Cheney looked and sounded tired. He managed not to sound mean or hateful, but he wasn't exactly warm and wonderful, his answers weren't all that focussed, and he couldn't really answer questions about the contradictions in their Iraq policy (like Bremer's statements today or Rumsfeld's backtracking on the Iraq-Al Qaeda connection) except by retreating to slogans. They'll be obvious to any voter who's followed the campaign and heard the ads, because it was just the same old sound bites. Edwards, of course, also hit their campaign's themes, but his answers were more substantive and when he used slogans they were at least woven into a more extensive answer. And unlike Cheney, Edwards didn't have to resort to saying "it just ain't so" to his opponents attacks without any explanation about WHY it wasn't so!

Cheney didn't fall on his face, but Edwards did very well in this debate and demonstrated that he's a worthy vice-presidential candidate. This is no Dan Quayle!!!

>For 51 Edwards is quite attractive. But if hands indicate

>cock size he must be have 2 inches. I am not a size queen but

>I never saw shorter fingers! Of course you will say I am a

>Republican but what do I care...

ummmmmm no,my first thought after reading your post...is...you are an idiot.

who would think of,or even care what size the guys dick is?

WAFA

Guest zipperzone

>ummmmmm no,my first thought after reading your post...is...you

>are an idiot.

>

>who would think of,or even care what size the guys dick is?

>

>WAFA

>

My first thought after reading your response was that you shouldn't call someone an idiot just because they show a curiosity that you don't share.

And my second thought was that perhaps Mrs Edwards would care (in answer to your question).

And my thought while watching the family circus at the end - which lasted far too long - was that Mrs Kerry could put some of her billion dollars to work by sending Mrs Edwards to Jenny Craig for a month or two. Not that Mrs Edwards can't afford it herself, but a little charity never hurts.

>>For 51 Edwards is quite attractive. But if hands indicate

>>cock size he must be have 2 inches. I am not a size queen

>but

>>I never saw shorter fingers! Of course you will say I am a

>>Republican but what do I care...

>

>

>

>

>ummmmmm no,my first thought after reading your post...is...you

>are an idiot.

>

>who would think of,or even care what size the guys dick is?

Although, using the term "idiot" may be a little harsh, I certainly had the same reaction as you, taylorky. I thought, how typical of so many posters to this site, that EVERYTHING, no matter who or what is the topic of discussion, has to be reduced to the lowest, mindlessly sexual banter.

UGH!!!, but my suggestion would be to just ignore these types, as they have nothing worthy to say about the topic and imo, there really is not much to be gained in pointing out their shallowness, that as you point out "at least" borders on the edge of idiocy.

Glad to see that there is at least ONE other poster who calls it like it is. With young gay men such as yourself, there is indeed hope that the future of gays is in good hands.

"And my second thought was that perhaps Mrs Edwards would care (in answer to your question)."

I think perhaps, that military guys care too. After all they are so tight assed that if you're going to fuck a marine, then be sure they can take it.

"And my thought while watching the family circus at the end - which lasted far too long - was that Mrs Kerry could put some of her billion dollars to work by sending Mrs Edwards to Jenny Craig for a month or two. Not that Mrs Edwards can't afford it herself, but a little charity never hurts."

I heard that Teresa also has a charity fund set up to provide money for sensitivity training. Non-Americans get preference and Canadians get to go to the front of the line.

VaHawk writes:

>I think perhaps, that military guys care too. After all they

>are so tight assed that if you're going to fuck a marine, then

>be sure they can take it.

How typical of so many posters to this site, that EVERYTHING, no matter who or what is the topic of discussion, has to be reduced to the lowest, mindlessly sexual banter.

Guest zipperzone

>I heard that Teresa also has a charity fund set up to provide

>money for sensitivity training. Non-Americans get preference

>and Canadians get to go to the front of the line.

Now now - musn't be racist my dear!

Guest zipperzone

>If you don't get it then you DON'T GET IT! No other

>explanation will be forthcoming from me, although I'm sure

>zipperzone, as well as other long time members WILL GET IT! :)

>

The queen of conspiracy theories reigns again - or should that be rains again!

Interesting, you joke about a Democrat and you are an "idiot". But if it had been about ANY Republican most of you would make humerous and insulting statements. When Reagan died insults to him and his wife were rampant here and especially at another forum.

What a bunch of hypocrites.

Archived