Jump to content

A Message to the World


jackhammer91406
This topic is 6632 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Recommended Posts

Maybe you got this email today. I don't pretend that this could approximate reality, but it is food for thought.

 

NOTE to moderators; while there are some political inferences in this, I felt it belonged in the lounge as it doesn't take one political side, only an AMERICAN side. if you feel it must be moved, do so.

 

WHAT WOULD IT BE

LIKE TO TURN ON THE TV AND HEAR GEORGE W. BUSH OR JOHN KERRY OR ANYONE

OUT THERE "IN CHARGE" FOR THAT MATTER, GIVE THE FOLLOWING SPEECH?

 

My Fellow Americans: As you all know, the defeat of Iraq regime has been

completed. Since congress does not want to spend any more money on this

war, our mission in Iraq is complete. This morning I gave the order for

a complete removal of all American forces from Iraq. This action will be

complete within 30 days.

 

It is now to begin the reckoning. Before me, I

have two lists. One list contains the names of countries which have

stood by our side during the Iraq conflict. This list is short. The

United Kingdom, Spain, Bulgaria, Australia, and Poland are some of the

countries listed there. The other list contains everyone not on the

first list. Most of the worlds nations are on that list. My press

secretary will be distributing copies of both lists later this evening.

 

Let me start by saying that effective immediately, foreign aid to those

nations on List 2 ceases immediately and indefinitely. The money saved

during the first year alone will pretty much pay for the costs of the

Iraqi war. The American people are no longer going to pour money into

third world Hell-holes and watch those government leaders grow fat on

corruption. Need help with a famine? Wrestling with an epidemic? Call

France. In the future, together with Congress, I will work to redirect

this money toward solving the vexing social problems we still have at

home.

 

On that note, a word to terrorist organizations. Screw with us and

we will hunt you down and eliminate you and all your friends from the

face of the earth. Thirsting for a gutsy country to terrorize? Try

France, or maybe China. To Israel and the Palestinian Authority. Yo,

boys. Work out a peace deal now. Just note that Camp David is closed.

Maybe all of you can go to Russia for negotiations. They have some great

palaces there. Big tables, too.

 

I am ordering the immediate severing of

diplomatic relations with France, Germany, and Russia. Thanks for all

your help, comrades. We are retiring from NATO as well. Bon chance, mes

amis.

 

I have instructed the Mayor of New York City to begin towing the

many UN diplomatic vehicles located in Manhattan with more than two

unpaid parking tickets to sites where those vehicles will be stripped,

shredded and crushed. I don't care about whatever treaty pertains to

this. You creeps have tens of thousands of unpaid tickets. Pay those

tickets tomorrow or watch your precious Benzes, Beamers, and limos be

turned over to some of the finest chop shops in the world. I love New

York.

 

A special note to our neighbors. Canada is on List 2. Since we are

likely to be seeing a lot more of each other, you folks might want to

try not pissing us off for a change. Mexico is also on List 2. President

Fox and his entire corrupt government really need an attitude

adjustment. I will have a couple extra tank and infantry divisions

sitting around. Guess where I am going to put em? Yep, border security.

So start doing something with your oil. Oh, by the way, the United

States is abrogating the NAFTA treaty --- starting now. We are tired of

the one-way highway.

 

It is time for America to focus on its own welfare

and its own citizens. Some will accuse us of isolationism. I answer them

be saying, "darn tootin." Nearly a century of trying to help folks live

a decent life around the world has only earned us the undying enmity of

just about everyone on the planet. It is time to eliminate hunger in

America. It is time to eliminate homelessness in America.

 

To the nations

on List 1, a final thought.... Thanks guys. We owe you and we won't

forget. To the nations on List 2, a final thought.... Drop dead. God

bless America. Thank you and good night.

 

If you can read this, thank a

teacher. If you are reading it in English, thank a soldier.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

>Maybe you got this email today. I don't pretend that this

>could approximate reality, but it is food for thought.

>

>NOTE to moderators; while there are some political

>inferences in this, I felt it belonged in the lounge as it

>doesn't take one political side, only an AMERICAN side. if

>you feel it must be moved, do so.

>

 

I can't say that I agree with this statement at all. It is an extremely political statement. And I rarely go to the political forum, but you mean to say there are posts in there that are more one-sided than this?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

>I felt it belonged in the lounge as it

>doesn't take one political side, only an AMERICAN side.

 

What it takes is a 10-year-old child's view of global politics, which is in line with what Bush's chief of staff Andrew Card said recently about what the president thinks of the American people. If your maturity level is that age, try the NAMBLA message board.

 

>Let me start by saying that effective immediately, foreign aid

>to those nations on List 2 ceases immediately and indefinitely.

 

Yes, that's how the federal budget works -- Congress cuts off the money for foreign military adventures, but the President still has total control over the foreign-aid checkbook.

 

Even some 10-year-olds know better than that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

RE: A Message to the World from a 12 Year Old

 

>Maybe you got this email today. I don't pretend that this

>could approximate reality, but it is food for thought.

 

>WHAT WOULD IT BE

>LIKE TO TURN ON THE TV AND HEAR GEORGE W. BUSH OR JOHN KERRY

>OR ANYONE

>OUT THERE "IN CHARGE" FOR THAT MATTER, GIVE THE FOLLOWING

>SPEECH?

 

I would come to the conclusion that anyone who gave such a speech has the mind (and knowledge of geopolitics) of a twelve-year-old.

 

>My Fellow Americans: As you all know, the defeat of Iraq

>regime has been

>completed. Since congress does not want to spend any more

>money on this

>war,

 

Huh? When has Congress balked at any of the president's spending requests for Iraq?

 

 

>Let me start by saying that effective immediately, foreign aid

>to those

>nations on List 2 ceases immediately and indefinitely. The

>money saved

>during the first year alone will pretty much pay for the costs

>of the

>Iraqi war.

 

Why tell such outageous lies? We have spent more than $120 billion in Iraq so far. We don't spend anything like that on all foreign aid programs combined in a given year. Or even two years. Who wouldn't know that, except for someone who lives in a cave?

 

 

>On that note, a word to terrorist organizations. Screw with us

>and

>we will hunt you down and eliminate you and all your friends

>from the

>face of the earth.

 

Yes, I believe Bush said something about getting Osama dead or alive right after 9/11. That was three years ago. I bet the terrorists are really impressed.

 

>I am ordering the immediate severing of

>diplomatic relations with France, Germany, and Russia.

 

If you want to cripple our economy, that's a great idea. France and Germany are two of our top ten trading partners. And Russia is one of the world's biggest oil exporters. What do you do for an encore, set yourself on fire?

 

 

>I have instructed the Mayor of New York City to begin towing

>the

>many UN diplomatic vehicles located in Manhattan with more

>than two

>unpaid parking tickets to sites where those vehicles will be

>stripped,

>shredded and crushed. I don't care about whatever treaty

>pertains to

>this.

 

And what happens to our thousands of diplomatic personnel living in countries all over the world? If we violate the diplomatic immunity of their people, what makes you think they will leave our people alone?

 

>A special note to our neighbors. Canada is on List 2. Since we

>are

>likely to be seeing a lot more of each other, you folks might

>want to

>try not pissing us off for a change. Mexico is also on List 2.

 

Canada and Mexico are two other countries on our top ten list of trading partners. Break off relations with them too and you may as well hang up a big "Closed" sign on the entire American economy.

 

 

>It is time for America to focus on its own welfare

>and its own citizens. Some will accuse us of isolationism. I

>answer them

>be saying, "darn tootin." Nearly a century of trying to help

>folks live

>a decent life around the world has only earned us the undying

>enmity of

>just about everyone on the planet. It is time to eliminate

>hunger in

>America. It is time to eliminate homelessness in America.

 

It is time to eliminate the idiots who are ignorant of what really goes on in the world and so are easy prey for the mindless crap they hear on Fox News and other tabloid media outlets for the uneducated, of which the above speech is an excellent example. Is there any chance we could get Canada, Mexico or any other country to take them in? That would be a treaty worth signing!

 

If you can read that speech, thank your English teacher. But if you believed a single word of it, your teachers for Civics, History and Economics should be fired, since they obviously failed to teach you anything.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

RE: A Message to the World from a 12 Year Old

 

Jackhammer;

 

How could you believe that what you posted was pro-American. As Woodlawn correctly pointed out, you must be living in a cave. This is dumbed-downed propoganda for folks who have never been past thier local Wal-Mart. Most 12 year olds would know better.

 

And get a clue, the war in Iraq had nothing, absolutely nothing, to do with defending America. Iraq was not a threat to the U.S. (no army, no air force, no missles, no WMD, no Al-Queda lnks, etc. etc.), and they were in no way involved in 9/11. The war in Iraq was about many things, but none of them was the defense of the United States.

 

And this does belong in the Politics Forum since we don't yet have an Idiots Forum.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

RE: A Message to the World from a 12 Year Old

 

>As Woodlawn correctly pointed out, you must be living in a

>cave.

 

Comments about people who live in caves definitely belong in the Politics Forum. A thousand deaths ago, our incompetent military leaders were trying to find someone who lives in a cave.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

>No offense Jackhammer, but this is not a true American POV.

>This is a Repiglican/neo-con/i fucked up Iraq beyond

>belief/made the US more unsafe/#1 Al Qaeda recruiter/George W.

>Bush dumb as a box of rocks statment.

 

I couldn't agree more. Anyone who thinks America can really get along without any help from other countries in the World must have failed their HS History classes. Ever hear of the Roman Empire, the British Empire and the Nazi's?

 

Aaron Scott DC

http://www.erados.com/AaronScottDC

http://www.male4malescorts.com/reviews/aaronscottdc.html

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Sorry to pile on, Jack, but this diatribe is pure, unadulterated garbage. It's so bad that I wonder if Rush Limbaugh would touch it, even in his oxycontin-mind-numbed state. x(

Link to comment
Share on other sites

> Since I am not it's author,

>I am not offended by any of the responses, nor do I DEFEND the

>statements made in it.

 

You may not have been the author (this has been kicking around the Internet at least since April, and at one time was a fantasy about what General George Patton might have said) but, trying to make it "nonpolitical," you edited in the part about either Bush or Kerry making the speech.

 

Another version replaces your introduction, "you may have received this email today," with "I found this in my Dad's email box today." Further evidence it was directed at children.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

In point of fact, while I am responsible for the words: "You may have received this email today etc." I am not the author of the references to Bush, Kerry or anyone in charge, as those remarks were part of the email I received.

 

As for it being directed at children, based on the remarks here thus far, it found it's target when it was sent to me. heheh

Link to comment
Share on other sites

>In point of fact, while I am responsible for the words:

>"You may have received this email today etc." I am not

>the author of the references to Bush, Kerry or anyone in

>charge, as those remarks were part of the email I

>received.

>

>As for it being directed at children, based on the remarks

>here thus far, it found it's target when it was sent to me.

>heheh

When you go on to say "it is food for thought" you elevate it to at least something higher than trashing it, which most of us would have done with all the other spam. Nice attempted save, however.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

In order to post in the Political Issues forum, all members are required to acknowledge that their post is in compliance with our Community Guidelines.  In addition, you acknowledge that it meets the following requirements: 

  • No personal attacks: Attack the issue not the person
  • No hijacking: Stay on the subject of the thread 

  • No bullying, hate speech or offensive terms/expressions

In addition, if the moderators feel someone is reporting content simply because if it’s political stance (such as but not limited to reporting it as off topic but not other off topic replies by those that agree with your stance), the reporting person may receive a warning as well.

Content that does not comply with the above requirements will be removed.  Multiple violations may result in a loss of access to this forum.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...