WAS ANITA BRYANT RIGHT?

trilingual
This topic is 6633 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I don't know about Jerry Fartwell, but feel free to share this gem with ALL your fundamentalist friends and relatives! You should be able to cut and paste the entire thing into an e-mail to them (it's actually a large .gif image). Who knows what could happen to THEIR state if they follow Florida's example in November! }(

My recollection is that Jeanne made landfall north of those counties, in Brevard County (around Melbourne), and then followed the path of the previous hurricane.

Whatever, would 3 out of 4 prove Anita right?

To cut and paste, try putting your courser on the map. Right click (or ctrl+click on a Mac). Open the image in a new window. Then select the whole image in the new window to cut and paste it into another document. You also should see the URL for the original document in the address line of the new window. Depending on your e-mail program all you may need to do is cut and paste that URL into your document.

my company has a location in orange county and the damage there was huge. after the first storm, we were closed a week. the last storm closed us for three days. there are down trees piled all over.

i hate to say it but i think the map is an urban myth drawn to reflect its conclusion. anyone from florida with first hand experience how the were "spared" in a blue/al gore county?

>Is that cunt still alive? Always did wonder what happened to

>her!

==The fallout from her political activism had a devastating effect on her career, and her marriage failed. She divorced Bob Green in 1980, and her mainstay audience, conservative Christians, abandoned her because of their distaste for divorce. {NOTE: At the same time they were electing the former husband of Jane Wyman.}

She married her second husband, Charlie Hobson Dry, in 1990, and they have tried to reestablish her career in a series of small venues. Commercial success has been elusive, and they have left behind them a series of unpaid employees and creditors. They have filed for bankruptcy in Arkansas (1997) and in Tennessee (2001).==

I was waiting for a fellow map-queen to note the discrepancy showing the Keys as being separate from the mainland part of Monroe County!

It may be an urban myth, but the lines on the map seem to follow the path of the eye of the hurricanes. Obviously, the hurricanes were huge (hundreds of miles across) and the areas affected were much larger than just where the eye passed over. The map doesn't show the track of Jeanne, but if it made landfall in Brevard County it would have inevitably done a lot of damage in Orange County, just to the west of it.

And no, I don't personally believe in the Anita Bryant theories. But it's always kinda fun to turn this kind of stuff around on people who do spout this kind of stuff!

If you really want to be correct, Collier County, a huge Republican enclave, pretty much escaped the hurricanes. Yes Charley was very bad and we lost trees and electricity, but Charley was a very narrow hurricane. Miami/Dade was much more affected by the other hurricanes, especially Frances. Lee county fared worse (also very Republican) but not near as bad as a few miles north. But thankfully the University of Miami Hurricanes are wreaking havok on the rest of the country!

Archived