John Kerry's 60 Day March To Victory!

Fin Fang Foom
This topic is 6655 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

September 3, 2004

"...John Kerry is going to be campaigning every single day for the next 60 days. He is not taking a break. No vacations. He's taking it right on.."

- Terry McAuliffe (DNC Chairman) to Ron Reagan on MSNBC

September 5, 2004

"Kerry is taking today off at his wife's farm in Fox Chapel, Pa., to celebrate the 31st birthday of his eldest daughter, Alexandra."

- Adam Nagourney & Jodi Wilgoren in The New York Times

I guess it depends upon what the meaning of the word "break" is.

Informatively yours,

FFF

Most working Americans manage to attend their daughter´s birthday party after putting in a day´s work. Why can´t he? There must be some group near Fox Chapel, Pennsylvania that would be thrilled to have a major address by him sometime early enough to get back for the party. Or are they all old Heinz Republicans there?

I wanted him to blow Bush away on pension reform today. It´s a biggie for the GOP. I think the portability idea is one that the GOP is developing as an overarching theme, and a good one, and one that Kerry should do better at.

Oh, well. Manana. There´s always tomorrow.

I see from the news today that Clinton is giving Kerry exactly the advice I have been offering here for the last month or so: drop Vietnam and concentrate on domestic policy. I´m glad to see that the grownups may finally begin to have an impact on this disastrous campaign. Now if they can just keep the venom drip down and stop with the personal attacks against Bush, he might begin to be perceived by the persuadable elements of the electorate as presidential. When that happens, he has a chance again.

Archived