Death Toll in Russia Rising

Guest ReturnOfS
This topic is 6666 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Guest ReturnOfS

I just saw on CNN today that the death toll from the hostage situation in Russia is now at 322 and rising. My heart goes out to them.

this is truely terrible. for parents who lose children lose the future. while it was nice to see various islamic factions (including hamas) condem the kidnapping of journalists from france, i wonder when these same groups will condem islamic terrorists who target civilians including women and children; be it a night club in bali, a pizza parlor in jerusalem, a train in spain, office buildings in new york, a school in russia, an embassy in africa, etc. it seems that world wide, these terrorists show no mercy to anyone and yet, about the only outcry seems to be for two french journalists. when will the islamic clerics condem all this killing?

it really got to me when hamas who murders women and children at any opportunity condems the french journalist kidnapping. i guess it is alright for them to use terror for their political ends but they do not want to see it used against the french. it is depressing that islamic clerics around the world do not speak out and condem the methods their islamic brothers use. it seems to me that when a rightwing christian nutcase murders an abortion doctor, he is widely condemed by christians. why do we not see this in the islamic world?

to the russian parents who have lost children to these murders, my heart goes out to them; most will never recover fully from the senseless loss. this waste of life is truely sad; it is magnified my the loss being innocent children.

I wonder how many of the 100,000 to 200,000 far left demonstrators against Bush and the Republicans in NYC turned their attention to this horror and made a mass demonstration against this? I would guess that the answer is few or none. And since the media reported that the bulk of the demonstrators live in NYC, it shouldn´t have been that hard to do.

Guest ReturnOfS

"I wonder how many of the 100,000 to 200,000 far left demonstrators against Bush and the Republicans in NYC turned their attention to this horror and made a mass demonstration against this? I would guess that the answer is few or none. And since the media reported that the bulk of the demonstrators live in NYC, it shouldn´t have been that hard to do."

shut up

to make it even more disgusting, the news reports said the islamic terrorists shot many children in the back as the children fled from the school! what kind of sick, demented person does such a thing? what kind of religion condones such murder?

if the islamic clerics can issue a fataw condeming to death an author for writing a book they considered anti-islamic, why can they not issue fataws condeming the terrorists the world over who murder? it leaves the impression that in islam, the end justifies the means and that anything can be done to spread the faith. if the islamic clerics do not condem and enforce a religious ban on these murdering terrorists, then islam itself is not the religion i thought it was and islam is the problem. nothing can justify shooting children in the back like this.

civilization has not advanced in the decades since the nazis murdered hundreds of thousands of children; i would have thought that the horrors of the last century would have taught us a lesson. i guess not.

if i sound angry, i am. tonight A&E has on a documentary: "seven days in september" which has brought back the nightmare of 9-11 and the memory of thousands of people murdered that day. the islamic terrorists just do not stop killing.

i am tired of the complaints about the united states and how "bad" we are. the abuses of abu ghraib were indeed terrible but when the terrorists hold prisoners, they behead them, shoot them in the head, etc. i do not hear the same outrage from the world against these prisoner abuses; pardon me but beheading is slightly worse than what the abu ghraib prisoners experienced.

yes, children have died in iraq but they were not the main targets of the american troops; these islamic murders are targeting children and civilians; the killing of the children was purposely done.

shame on the silence of the islamic world. they condem themselves by their silence.

I agree, Bigjoey.

And thanks to Lucky for this suggestion: "The ones we don't hear from when the terrorists go wild are the everyday Muslims. When are ya gonna chastise them, big mistr????"

The answer is: Now. If Islam is a "religion of peace", as Bush endlessly repeats, then where are the Islamic advocates of peace? So far the only kind of "peace" we are hearing from the radicals is the peace that comes from lying down and letting people roll over you. So, moderate Moslems, patriotic American Muslims, where are you? This challenge was a legitimate question to me and I pass it on. Can you really approve of child-killing?

It seems to me that this Islamic radical movement has a short term, a medium term and a long term goal. The short term goal is to get America (first) and then the rest of the (more or less) Christian West out of anywhere they define as Islamic. The medium term goal is to restore to Islamic domination all the areas that ever have been Islamic, which includes Chechnya and Al-Andalus and the rest of formerly Moslem Spain and all the other areas formerly held. The long term goal is, of course, as the Koran makes clear, the elimination of all other religions and value systems in favor of universal Islam.

Why don´t moderate American Moslems stand up? I honestly don´t know the answer. But there is a clue. The Imam of the new, enormous and very beautiful main Sunni Mosque in New York City, on East 96th Street, was very accomodating, very sad and sorry for the events of 9/11. He was on tv a lot, was invited to all sorts of interfaith gatherings. When he was called back to Egypt about 18 months later, more or less immediately upon landing in Cairo he began the standard denunciations of America and prayers for all those carrying out these terrorist acts. So, what can I conclude but that there is a serious problem within American Islam, and probably American Muslims are afraid to say what they think just as their brothers and sisters in Muslim lands are.

To ReturnofS: "shut up" is certainly a good response to help conversation along. I won´t.

Archived