Ancestral Relationship of Bush and Kerry

Guest Merlin
This topic is 6674 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Guest Merlin

If anyone is interested, here is a chart showing the relationship of Bush and Kerry by a common descent from two sisters who came to America from England in the 1630s, Margaret Reade and Elizabeth Reade, daughters of Edmund Reade and Elizabeth Cooke. There was at least one other sister, Martha and a brother, Thomas, so there are probably a million or more Americans who are related to both by this connection. Bush and Kerry are probably related in other ways, given how long their families have been here. http://msn.ancestry.com/landing/strange/bush4/tree.htm?rc=locale%7E&us=0

Researching 17th-Century English archives can be fun, but it's easy to draw the wrong conclusions. Were the two sisters really born 17 years apart? Did their father really marry a woman 15 years younger, whose first daughter was born when she was 20? (The usual age for marriage then was around 25.) There were a lot of Reads/Reades in England at the time -- and a lot of them came to New England and Virginia. Margaret and Elizabeth were probably the most common names for women at the time.

I won't be convinced until the Swift Boat Vets check it out. And of course, their leader Corsi has already made an issue of Kerry being Jewish.

Right before Christmas, my Mom passed away suddenly. Needless to say, it was the most difficult thing I have ever gone through. The pain is still fresh in my heart.

I went to the site you mentioned and spent the last 2 hours researching her family. I was able to trace my Mom's family all the way back to the first immigrants to the USA back in the 1800's.

Thank you very much for the unexpected conection to my Mom. I saw her birth certificate, my parent's marriage license and pretty much all of the records of our family.

Thank you so much. It was a joy to find these things so easily.

Now write it all down and share it with the rest of her relatives.

Ancestry.com is located in the heart of Mormon country, and those wackos have some weird beliefs about saving their ancestors through proxy baptism. But they have provided a lot of family history research resources for all of us, even in the gay community they despise.

Archived