John and John For P and VP - Thoughts?

This topic is 6721 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

http://www.johnkerry.com/images/home/070604_new_team.jpg

John Kerry picked John Edwards as his running mate. Besides the fact that John Edwards is handsome lets get to the real heart of the matter.

Was this a good choice? Does anyone feel the ticket should be reversed in that the wrong John is running for President? Will Edwards kick Dick's ass in the debate?

Love,

Oprah

Who cares about the vp debates, as if they have EVER mattered? IMO, JFK made the RIGHT decision in choosing a Southerner, especially Edwards to be his running mate! What other candidate could he possibly have chosen, who would bring more credentials/potential votes to his candidacy?

Will it be enough to overthrow KING GEORGE I? Hopefully, but that is real iffy! :(

>Who cares about the vp debates, as if they have EVER

>mattered?

Well, I think they matter more then ever since people on Earth want to ram airplanes into the President. So the #2 dude must be able to fill the shoes and choke on a pretzel just like the #1 dude.

>Southerner, especially Edwards to be his running mate! What

>other candidate could he possibly have chosen, who would bring

>more credentials/potential votes to his candidacy?

I was hoping for a qualified minority or a qualified female. Once again, all crackers.

>Will it be enough to overthrow KING GEORGE I? Hopefully, but

>that is real iffy! :(

It will if we get one more scandal on George W involving a minor, an SUV and hummus. Also, Michael Moore's film needs some free screenings for public in low income areas. And let's hope the Bush twins start drinking again. Are they even in the country?

Love,

Oprah

>>Who cares about the vp debates, as if they have EVER

>>mattered?

Thomas Eagleton couldn't have said it better.

> What

>>other candidate could he possibly have chosen, who would

>bring

>>more credentials/potential votes to his candidacy?

Gen. Wesley Clark, but he'll settle for Secretary of Defense. I wouldn't be surprised if Kerry announces several of his Cabinet nominations, before the election.

>I was hoping for a qualified minority or a qualified female.

>Once again, all crackers.

Wait till the August Surprise -- Bush dumps Cheney, substitutes Rice.

The dirge for Cheney is already beginning to sound, with planted stories in the Washington Post about unhappiness with Potty Mouth.

>>Will it be enough to overthrow KING GEORGE I? Hopefully,

>but

>>that is real iffy! :(

I thought he was George II.

>let's hope the Bush twins start drinking again. Are they

>even in the country?

Since they turned 21, the bar has been raised. They now have to start dancing nude on top of it with their SS agents.

>Wait till the August Surprise -- Bush dumps Cheney,

>substitutes Rice.

I don't consider an alien from another planet a minority or a female. Though I like extra terrestrials, and some of my best friends are extra terrestrials, there is something very non-human about Rice. If she is not an alien from another world then she is definitely Borg.

>Since they turned 21, the bar has been raised. They now have

>to start dancing nude on top of it with their SS agents.

I thought they did something like that already. Maybe if they get nasty with Clinton (either one as I heard Hilary is a lesbian) then that will be great.

Love,

Oprah

Though I like extra terrestrials, and some of my best

>friends are extra terrestrials, there is something very

>non-human about Rice. If she is not an alien from another

>world then she is definitely Borg.

The black 7-of-9?

And that would make Doug 6-of-9! (Sorry, wholly gratuitous but I could not resist.)

>The black 7-of-9?

Resistance Is Futile Brotha!

>And that would make Doug 6-of-9! (Sorry, wholly gratuitous but

>I could not resist.)

Doug69, if assimilated into the Borg Collective, would blow their unamatrix in more ways then one. He is better left unassimilated for the benefit of all mankind.

Love,

Oprah

Stranger than fiction -- did you notice this news item last month?

Jeri Ryan-Kinky Borg?

CHICAGO (June 21) - The former wife of Republican Senate candidate Jack Ryan claimed in divorce documents released Monday that he pressured her to perform sex acts in clubs while others watched.

Jeri Lynn Ryan, an actress best known for roles on TV's "Boston Public" and "Star Trek: Voyager," said in the documents that she angered Ryan by refusing. She did acknowledge infidelity on her part, which she said took place after their marriage was irretrievably broken.

http://odds.proboards24.com/index.cgi?board=startrek&action=display&num=1087911578

Provocative & encouraging thoughts from Sydney Blumenthal.

...just as Edwards underscores the endurance of the southern Democratic tradition, he underscores the dead-end of conservatism in the person of Dick Cheney. The thread of the Democratic tradition in the south, now represented by Edwards, opposes that represented by Bush and Cheney. These southern politics have been in conflict since President Andrew Jackson split with his vice-president, the original theoretician of southern reaction, John C Calhoun.

The Jacksonian slogan was "opportunity for all, special privilege for none". But the Calhoun wing of the party triumphed, leading to the civil war and the long rule of the Bourbons, or local oligarchs. African-Americans were disenfranchised under Jim Crow, and poor whites, sharecroppers and mill hands, like Edwards's father and grandfather, were manipulated by racial fears and hatred of intruding Yankees like Kerry's ancestors.

The Bourbon Democratic party of the south came to an end with the passage of the Civil Rights Act of 1964. The Republicans, no longer the party of Lincoln, absorbed the new conservatism that followed, converting the once solid Democratic south into the solid Republican south. But the Republican project was never as stable as it seemed. In 1976, Jimmy Carter carried most of the south, and twice Clinton broke off important states and moved them into the Democratic column. Now this mantle, worn by Clinton and Carter, and before them Lyndon Johnson and Harry Truman, falls on the shoulders of Edwards.

Bush's supra-southern strategy involves exploiting patriotism, resentment and fear. The threat, real enough, is external, and it is brandished to maintain the status quo. His compassionate conservatism is an updating of planter paternalism. But his agenda is deregulation, low taxes and hydrocarbons. His politics in the south fundamentally rests on a division between godless them and God-fearing us. Beneath that, he requires a near unanimous white vote to compensate for the near unanimous African-American vote. If more than one-quarter to one-third of the white vote goes into the Democratic coalition, depending on the state, the Republicans lose.

The solid Republican south must have a solid white vote in every southern and border state to maintain a Republican in the White House. A single crack topples the entire edifice. That fragility accounts for the ferocious struggle in Florida.

The instant Kerry announced Edwards, the Republicans opened an attack on him as a trial lawyer. Yet, in 1998, when Edwards first ran for the Senate in North Carolina, his Republican opponent, Lauch Faircloth, spent $2m on advertising depicting Edwards and Clinton as "two tobacco-taxing liberal lawyers who are well known for stretching the truth". The ads backfired, Edwards won handily.

In one of his cases, involving a girl left brain-damaged by hospital neglect, Edwards told the jury: "She speaks to you. But now she speaks to you not through a fetal heart monitor strip; she speaks to you through me." The tradition for which Edwards now takes his stand is as open to demagogues as to statesmen, but in the mouth of a statesman it can undo a demagogue.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uselections2004/comment/story/0,14259,1256579,00.html

>Stranger than fiction -- did you notice this news item last

>month?

>

>Jeri Ryan-Kinky Borg?

I did see this little gem of journalism. He could have had all the kink at home. She could have dressed up like a Borg, did him while regenerating, force him to be assimilated, etc. She was also very hot looking after she was taken out of the collective and they gave her a unatard to wear - very form fitting.

BUT NO - this greedy bastard had to do it in public. I wonder if Pat Robertson, in his crusade to end gay marriages, is using this example of what a marriage between a man and a woman means. He claims same sex marriages are perverted. Well, this public sex thing is not exactly found in the Bible either. Fucktard!

Archived