Iraq News Source

eastbayguy
This topic is 6754 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Everyone,

A while back, someone pointed me at an excellent source for Iraq news. I've been very uncomfortable with my knowledge of Iraq, and have been reading up. (The more I do, the more nervous I become.) Therefore, I would give the highest possible reccomendation to http://www.juancole.com. Juan Cole is a professor of history at the University of Michigan. Prof. Cole has traveled extensively in Iraq and the Islamic world, and is very, very well read, knowledgeable and articulate. I don't always agree with him, but, he does make his points well. Plus, if you have specific, well-formed questions, he answers them promptly himself.

Not 100% sure, but it may have been Doug69 who pointed me at this site. (I'm 99% sure it was someone on this site.)

Anyway, if you're curious about Iraq and willing to do some reading, then http://www.juancole.com is a marvelous source of information. The site has become a daily stop of mine.

--EBG

Archived