Is This The Country of Choice?????

LovesYng
This topic is 6754 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Will we still be the Country of choice and still be America if we

continue to make the changes forced on us by the people from other

countries that came to live in America because it is the Country of

Choice???????? Think about it........

All I have to say is, when will they do something about MY RIGHTS?

I celebrate Christmas, but because it isn't celebrated by everyone, we

can no longer say Merry Christmas. Now it has to be Season's Greetings. It's not Christmas vacation, it's Winter Break. Isn't it amazing how this winter break ALWAYS occurs over the Christmas holiday?? We've gone so far the other way, bent over backwards to not offend anyone, that I am now being offended. But it seems that no one has a problem with that.

This says it all!

After hearing that the state of Florida changed its opinion and let

a Muslim woman have her picture on her driver's license with her face

covered this is an editorial written by an American citizen, published

in a Tampa newspaper. He did quite a job; didn't he? Read on, please!

IMMIGRANTS, NOT AMERICANS, MUST ADAPT. I am tired of this nation

worrying about whether we are offending some individual or their

culture.

Since the terrorist attacks on Sept. 11, we have experienced a surge in patriotism by the majority of Americans. However, the dust from the attacks had barely settled when the "politically correct" crowd began complaining about the possibility that our patriotism was offending others.

I am not against immigration, nor do I hold a grudge against anyone

who is seeking a better life by coming to America. Our population is

almost entirely made up of descendants of immigrants. However, there

are a few things that those who have recently come to our country, and

apparently some born here, need to understand. This idea of America

being a multicultural community has served only to dilute our

sovereignty and our national identity.

As Americans, we have our own culture, our own society, our own language and our own lifestyle. This culture has been developed over centuries of struggles, trials, and victories by millions of men and women who have sought freedom.

We speak ENGLISH, not Spanish, Portuguese, Arabic, Chinese, Japanese, Russian, or any other language. Therefore, if you wish to become part of our society, learn the language!

"In God We Trust" is our national motto. This is not some Christian, right wing, political slogan. We adopted this motto because Christian men and women, on Christian principles, founded this nation, and this is clearly documented. It is certainly appropriate to display it on the walls of our schools. If God offends you, then I suggest you consider another part of the world as your new home,

because God is part of our culture.

If Stars and Stripes offend you, or you don't like Uncle Sam, then

you should seriously consider a move to another part of this planet. We are happy with our culture and have no desire to change, and we really don't care how you did things where you came from. This is OUR COUNTRY, our land, and our lifestyle. Our First Amendment gives every! citizen the right to express his opinion and we will allow you every opportunity to do so. But once you are done complaining, whining, and griping about our flag, our pledge, our national motto, or our way of life, I highly encourage you take advantage of one other great American freedom, THE RIGHT TO LEAVE.

>All I have to say is, when will they do something about MY

>RIGHTS?

If you are a descendant of white, European, Christians who first settled this country, and who sacrified their lives to establish this country's independence from Great Britain, then you are now a third rate citizen who has NO RIGHTS whatsoever to try to maintain either you or your ancestor's identity under the current pc policies. I resent that, as all Americans should be honored for their cultural differences and for their part in history that made this country what it is today!

>

>I celebrate Christmas, but because it isn't celebrated by

>everyone, we

>can no longer say Merry Christmas. Now it has to be Season's

>Greetings. It's not Christmas vacation, it's Winter Break.

>Isn't it amazing how this winter break ALWAYS occurs over the

>Christmas holiday?? We've gone so far the other way, bent over

>backwards to not offend anyone, that I am now being offended.

>But it seems that no one has a problem with that.

Kind of defeats the whole policy of the majority rules that is the basis of American Democracy doesn't it? But in all honesty, I've never had any problem with saying Merry Christmas to others or had any problems in turn, with others saying Happy Hanukah, Happy Kwanza or whatever.

>

>IMMIGRANTS, NOT AMERICANS, MUST ADAPT. I am tired of this

>nation

>worrying about whether we are offending some individual or

>their

>culture.

I agree that based on the history of this country, that the English language should be the national language, and as such anyone who emigrates to this country should adhere to that policy and learn to deal with that, and as such should adapt. However, based on the policies of our history, it is not OKAY to offend anyone based on the national, religious or cultural environments that he/she came from. Instead we should continue to absorb those differences and assimilate them into the ever changing culture that defines the very basis of religious freedoms and cultural acceptance that founded and defined America from the very first days of settlement.

>

>Since the terrorist attacks on Sept. 11, we have experienced a

>surge in patriotism by the majority of Americans. However, the

>dust from the attacks had barely settled when the "politically

>correct" crowd began complaining about the possibility that

>our patriotism was offending others.

And what patriots are you referring to? Those of white, European, Christian descent only? What about those Americans, who are of Asian, African, Latino and non-Christian white European descent? Aren't they Americans also, whether their families are first generation Americans or have been here for generations? As a descendant of white, European, Christian ancestors, I find it OFFENSIVE that non-white, non-Christian American citizens who looked "Arabic" or for that matter were Arab-Americans were subjugated to murderous violence, summarily rounded up and arrested without the rights, that our Constitution guarantees to them as citizens of the United States.

>This idea of America being a multicultural community has served only to dilute our sovereignty and our national identity.

Well break out the pointed white hoods! This is the WHOLE point of the American experience (with sincere apologies to the Native Americans)! Sovereingty, at least, imo, denotes soverign rule by kings/queens and not democractic government by elected officials. The revocation of such sovereingty was the very basis of the foundation of the United States of America accomplished during the American Revolutionary War! The multicultural community is what makes the USA such a wonderful place to live, and has been the driving force that offered freedom to those who emigrated and settled this country and which makes it doubly wonderful that there is no "national identity"! Perhaps it just me but when I hear that someone is Swedish, for example, I have an image of someone who is white, blond, blue eyed, but when I hear that someone is American, I have no such preconceived physical image, as Americans can look like white Europeans, black Africans, yellow Asians, brown Latinos, red Native Americans, or any racial combination of those. That is what makes this country GREAT!

>"In God We Trust" is our national motto. This is not some

>Christian, right wing, political slogan. We adopted this motto

>because Christian men and women, on Christian principles,

>founded this nation, and this is clearly documented. It is

>certainly appropriate to display it on the walls of our

>schools. If God offends you, then I suggest you consider

>another part of the world as your new home,

>because God is part of our culture.

Of course this nation was first founded on Christian principles by Christians seeking refuge from persecution in Europe. That however, does not negate the fact that such principles openly welcomed those of other nationalities, religions, cultures and races from settling this country nor trivialize the contributions they made to the American identity.

One of the very foundations of this country is separation of church and state, so imo, despite my Christianity, I respect those of other faiths, and agree that such Christian sentiments have no place in anything remotely connected to our civil government, whether that is a school, a courthouse, or a pledge of allegiance to our nation.

>

>If Stars and Stripes offend you, or you don't like Uncle Sam,

>then

>you should seriously consider a move to another part of this

>planet. We are happy with our culture and have no desire to

>change, and we really don't care how you did things where you

>came from. This is OUR COUNTRY, our land, and our lifestyle.

>Our First Amendment gives every! citizen the right to express

>his opinion and we will allow you every opportunity to do so.

>But once you are done complaining, whining, and griping about

>our flag, our pledge, our national motto, or our way of life,

>I highly encourage you take advantage of one other great

>American freedom, THE RIGHT TO LEAVE.

SICK! LOVE IT OR LEAVE IT, right? :( And who gets to define the paramaters of that love? :(

>

>Amazing that you would try to pass this off as your own

>words. Not only is it ignorant and bigoted, but it's been

>forwarded around the internet a million times over.

I never said it was my words, yes it going around the internet that's where I got it from.

• 1 month later...

RE: That muslim chick in FL...

I've often wondered about that ruling. If she is faithful enough that she feels that she must not show her face in public, then one would think that she would also adhere to the law that a woman does not leave the home unaccompanied by a male relative. This male relative, of course, would do all the driving anyway, so in my opinion a pious, orthodox muslim woman simply doesn't NEED a driver's liscense.

Trix

RE: And furthermore...

That whole little speech is so infantile.

I can just picture a red-faced, overweight, polyester-clad whiteman ala

Rush Limbaugh shouting it out in self-righteous conviction. Not sexy at all.

First of all, since when has America been given the moniker "Country of Choice"? Did we win a taste test? Were citizens of other countries given a poll? (If you had to immigrate to another country TOMORROW, would you choose A) Somalia, B) North Korea, or C) the USA?) For many, surely most immigrants these days, the USA is a cash cow. People come here to earn a living, and support their families back home. It's not the red, white and blue that's inspiring the new wave of immigration, it's the green.

And it's this green pipeline that sends US hard currency out to Mexico & Guatemala, Ethiopia & Nigeria, Viet Nam, Ecuador, Russia & Tonga, that provides the US with it's most beneficial & rewarding foreign relations coup: Purchase Power. Immigrants sending money back to their home countries are slowly creating a new society in which the formerly penniless have the ability to buy their own housing & property. With these basic goods, they can then borrow against their assets to improve and expand their income potentials, start businesses, and purchase luxury items.

In the next few decades, we're going to see a credit-based middle class start popping up in all sorts of countries, and you can believe that Wal-Mart will be setting up shop in Moscow and Addis Ababa. Immigrants are spreading the American Middle Class across the globe... Yippee! (This does give some authenticity to Al Qaeda's comlaints, no?)

Furthermore... if the writer of the above piece feels that immigrants should check their cultures at the door, then certainly we should outlaw St. Patrick's Day, Italian and Portuguese fraternal associations, the Scandinavian Festival held annually in Junction City, Oregon, and a myriad of other small town (and big city) ethnic festivals that only serve to highlight how certain euro-immigrants cling to their cultues and refuse to conform.

In God We Trust? That phrase doesn't indicate that a crucifix need hang in each & every classroom...maybe a $100 bill, which certainly would be more inspiring to the children, but not a crucifix. Even the most ardent Republican would agree that the State has no right to control how the said "God" is perceived. That is up to the individual.

As far as what language is spoken here...

less than 300 years ago, there were over 1000 indigenous languages being spoken on the North American Continent, most of which are now extinct. In less than 300 years in the future, the English being spoken on the North American Continent will be, most likely, mainly unrecognizeable to today's speaker. In fact, there may be more than one kind of english, as different as German is from Dutch is from Yiddish. Or, we might all be speaking Spanish. America is, after all, a work in progess.

Trix

>Amazing that you would try to pass this off as your own

>words. Not only is it ignorant and bigoted, but it's been

>forwarded around the internet a million times over.

Donnie, I'm with you. This is just more of the classic trailer trash xenophobia that gets peddled by the redneck gallery. What these crackers fail to accept or acknowledge is that the USA is a multicultural society and nothing can change that, short of the white supremacists rounding up everyone they don't like and liquidating them.

This kind of crap sounds like it comes straight out of a KKK recruiting flyer, yet some who would never admit to being in sympathy with the KKK are very much in sympathy with the tunes they play.

Like Goethe said, "There's nothing so terrible as ignorance in action."

Archived