Dean endorses Kerry today

Rick Munroe
This topic is 6819 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

(from the email I got from Howard Dean yesterday):

While my run for the White House ended last month, our work to take back this country has only just begun. George W. Bush's policies continue to fail to deliver on issues that matter most to Americans, and we need a change of leadership come November.

That is why I plan on endorsing John Kerry to be the next President of the United States on Thursday, along with all 34 Members of Congress who endorsed me during the campaign.

The primary goal throughout my campaign was to send George Bush back to Texas. John Kerry shares this goal and is the only person with a chance of doing just that. Through many conversations with him, I have seen that we share a strong commitment to providing health care to every American, protecting our environment, fighting for women's reproductive freedom, and putting the 3 million Americans who lost their jobs during George Bush's presidency back to work, among other important issues. I will do everything I can to help him win, and I hope you will join me in this endeavor.

I believe John Kerry has the experience, strength, and vision to turn get this country back on the right path. Four more years of George W. Bush's right-wing ideological agenda at home and weak leadership in the world would be devastating to our country for many decades to come. The future of our country depends on defeating this president, so this election is much too important to support any effort by any third candidate.

You can learn more about the Kerry campaign and watch the webcast of the endorsement event this Thursday on the Kerry campaign website: http://www.johnkerry.com/dean

The bottom line is that we must defeat George W. Bush in November. This is why I will use every means possible, including our new organization Democracy for America, to build grassroots support behind Senator Kerry and other progressive Democrats at all levels this fall.

I look forward over the coming months to working closely with John Kerry to make sure we defeat George Bush and turn our country around, and I hope that you will join me in doing everything we can to support him and other Democrats this fall.

From the earliest days of our campaign, I have said that the power to change this country is in your hands, not mine. In 2004, you can still use that power to take our country back— and I will be proud to work with you.

Sincerely,

Howard Dean

>(from the email I got from Howard Dean yesterday):

Is he also on your Buddy List? If so, what is his Buddy Icon? A flower? A Smurf?

>The primary goal throughout my campaign was to send George

>Bush back to Texas.

Did he have to run for President to do this? There are other ways to get a President out of the White House (i.e., a skillfully placed intern, ass warts, etc.)

>I believe John Kerry has the experience, strength, and vision

>to turn get this country back on the right path. Four more

I now agree. Though I was a Dean supporter I guess I have to go for the "other" white meat.

>You can learn more about the Kerry campaign and watch the

>webcast of the endorsement event this Thursday on the Kerry

>campaign website: http://www.johnkerry.com/dean

Are their photo galleries? My ManCheck ID has expired.

>I look forward over the coming months to working closely with

>John Kerry

Now that is flirting!

Mr. Rick, of all the posters in this political forum, often filled with fodder and used douche residue, your voice is one of reason and sound judgment. You are the lighthouse that has led me back to this forum.

What I REALLY like about Kerry is that he doesn't have a daddy that needs him to get the "bad boogie man" he couldn't get himself. The Bush is now smelly and matted down.

VDN

>>Mr. Rick...your voice is one

>>of reason and sound judgment.

>

>Aww, come on. Can't I just be a smartass who makes lame

>jokes? :p

I know that you did not ask for these powers. However, you must use them to combat the evilness that festers in this political forum. Rise up, grab your scepter, and THRUST us through this malaise of swarthy republican Nazi nonsense!

And sure ... make jokes too! ;)

VDN

>Rise up, grab your scepter, and THRUST us

>through this malaise of swarthy republican Nazi nonsense!

Hey, when you put it that way, how can I refuse? Do I get to wear a cool superhero costume? I want one that's tight across my ass as I fly through the air...bent over backwards. }(

Archived