List your suspects in the Syndicate

glutes

32 minutes ago, TooSchoolForCool said:

I really don't think it's racist.  And if you find something objectionable, then just ignore it.  We are just making fun of guys who use fake photos and try to scam us.  Why can't you just skip this post if you don't like it?  Why does it have to stop because you say so?

My comment is the fully clothed guy in the Rentmen ad.  I thought I was looking at a tour guide magazine.  Does he really think he's going to sell himself fully dressed with none of the goods showing?  I think he posted on the wrong website.  Nothing racist about that.  I'd say the same for anyone.  

I really don't think it's racist.  And if you find something objectionable, then just ignore it.  We are just making fun of guys who use fake photos and try to scam us.  Why can't you just skip this post if you don't like it?  Why does it have to stop because you say so?

Ok - so you want to point out individuals who use fake photos and try to scam then you can do so without the generalizations. xenophobia and use of racial tropes. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/2/2023 at 8:30 AM, glutes said:

AaronryuCMT profile has private pics that are not believable, the studio pics are not what you are going to see at his Fisherman's Wharf hotel.

His profile (now?) explains that this is his studio at home in Silverlake:

My name is Aaron , I live in a discreet and private apartment around Silver lake Area Los Angeles California < Pls See in the Picture>

It would be fine if it is a real experience shared about someone not using real photos. However most of these are “suspects” and not real experience. Adding race to it makes it low key racist indeed. After all this site is about sharing experience. Not sharing suspect or what one thinks to be true. It can harm and misinform people about certain “Asian” masseurs. Will leave it to moderator to decide. 

• Cooper changed the title to List your suspects in the Syndicate

To add my two cents in … I hope I make sense … but the “syndicate” is too much of a descriptive word.  It’s a different business model.  In Asia, you go to spa and pick boys/men who are availble. In the rentmasseur world … it’s only a handful of asian travellers who are a part of it. They do tag their website on their “About Me” portion. Asiantantric. 

Some of the masseurs linked above do not look like members of Asiantantric and look like individual masseurs who are — like any other color out there - might have misleading pictures or are travelling all over for this type of work.  YMMV to the fullest.   

i’ve been to two of the asian masseurs linked here and one is a name changer and one is a new masseur in the RMasseur scene.  

I think I was the one who first applied the name syndicateI especially noticed this on Grindr, where I would get at least eight IMs daily from very similar profiles of guys with Chinese names. They all had the same age, height, and weight, and they were all seeking guys over 45.

Moreover, their descriptions always used the same trite (and very non-Grindr-like) platitudes about love and respect for older men. 

Sometimes we see similar groups on the RM sites. 

Edited by Marc in Calif

18 hours ago, Marc in Calif said:

I think I was the one who first applied the name syndicateI especially noticed this on Grindr, where I would get at least eight IMs daily from very similar profiles of guys with Chinese names. They all had the same age, height, and weight, and they were all seeking guys over 45.

Moreover, their descriptions always used the same trite (and very non-Grindr-like) platitudes about love and respect for older men. 

Sometimes we see similar groups on the RM sites. 

This reminds me of the Murray Hill Gang, a group that happened to be Russian/Eastern European. Like this one, that name stuck for whatever reason, and I am tired of seeing racism or whatever in everything. Pointing out that there is a scam originating from some people of a particular ethnicity or race does not automatically accuse that entire group or race. Obviously! In fact, to claim that it does is racist in itself in my book.

25 minutes ago, Capitano said:

This reminds me of the Murray Hill Gang, a group that happened to be Russian/Eastern European. Like this one, that name stuck for whatever reason, and I am tired of seeing racism or whatever in everything. Pointing out that there is a scam originating from some people of a particular ethnicity or race does not automatically accuse that entire group or race. Obviously! In fact, to claim that it does is racist in itself in my book.

In English, if this particular syndicate is made up exclusively of Chinese men, it's correct to apply the word Chinese as the descriptor for the syndicate.

In no way does this imply that ALL Chinese men are members of it -- unless someone is predisposed to read it that way. 

On 2/27/2023 at 12:14 PM, KensingtonHomo said:

I don't know if I'd go so far as to say it's racist, but it's insensitive to the history of Chinese people being accused of organized crime. I don't know the race or ethnicity of people commenting, but if others point out that it is insensitive, maybe think about it. 

And if the guys were French? Argentinian? Saying that they were in a French syndicate or Argentinian syndicate would be a correct as Chinese syndicate.

Lemme change the name to Chinese scammers collective. Is that okay?

I suppose that Nigerian Prince Scam is also offensive? Yes, I know they've branched out to Ghana and other places in West Africa. 😇

syndicate
a group of individuals or organizations combined to promote some common interest: "large-scale buyouts involving a syndicate of financial institutions"