How often do clients give you gifts?

I’ve had underwear given to me. I’ve had gifts in kind, such as being taken for meals and to members clubs. I’ve yet to receive a Ferrari but one lives in hope. 

The strangest gift was a bag of goodies…containing boiled sweets, a recipe for egg based dishes, a couple of complimentary toothbrush and toothpaste kits (of the kind you get in business class on an airplane) and some sachets of wet wipes. The eclectic collection was from one of my more eccentric clients who is absolutely fabulous to meet. Always interesting.

Ive gotten underwear as gifts, shoes, travel bags, wallets, I also have an amazon wishlist that some clients like to gift me (so technically i got car seat wipes as a gift ha)

The most expensive gift I got is a Tom Ford Candle which I still havent burned to this day cause I like having it 

7 hours ago, Jamie21 said:

I’ve had underwear given to me. I’ve had gifts in kind, such as being taken for meals and to members clubs. I’ve yet to receive a Ferrari but one lives in hope. 

The strangest gift was a bag of goodies…containing boiled sweets, a recipe for egg based dishes, a couple of complimentary toothbrush and toothpaste kits (of the kind you get in business class on an airplane) and some sachets of wet wipes. The eclectic collection was from one of my more eccentric clients who is absolutely fabulous to meet. Always interesting.

I found it interesting you consider a meal as a gift in kind. I never thought of it that way but I love to have a great meal with my providers whenever we can fit one in during a longer session including of course overnights. I did one last night with a provider I've seen 3 previous times (not a regular but a repeater I guess).

We went to a restaurant I chose and it turned out to be an excellent one. The meal was delicious and set the tone for the whole 24 hour experience. I also threw in a nice lunch at an Italian restaurant and he prepared a great breakfast for me this morning in his hotel suite, which had a full kitchen. 

So we gifted each other I suppose. I added a special gift by hiring another provider who dropped in to play with us both so that was another gift to him which I consulted him on beforehand to make sure as possible that he would be pleased with this offering. Which he was!

I’ve received a bottle of wine, some underwear, taken shoe shopping, and several meals. Weirdest gift was a two-foot “A” of a vintage neon sign, he was moving and think he just didn’t want to take it. My provider name is Andrew so I guess it made sense! Think it was from an old Texaco station  

11 hours ago, heydavida said:

I’ve received a bottle of wine, some underwear, taken shoe shopping, and several meals. Weirdest gift was a two-foot “A” of a vintage neon sign, he was moving and think he just didn’t want to take it. My provider name is Andrew so I guess it made sense! Think it was from an old Texaco station  

The A could be your grade mark in performance as a provider. 😉

Yes, and they're all appreciated.

The gifts have been as unique as an unopened estate crate of 1982 Chateau Margaux to custom-made writing instruments to workout gear. 

On the flip side of that, I try to make sure I show all of my guys how much I appreciate them by returning the favor in a wide variety of ways.  I always see the relationship as a two-way street.

Loyalty and kindness never go unnoticed.

19 hours ago, BenjaminNicholas said:

Yes, and they're all appreciated.

The gifts have been as unique as an unopened estate crate of 1982 Chateau Margaux to custom-made writing instruments to workout gear. 

On the flip side of that, I try to make sure I show all of my guys how much I appreciate them by returning the favor in a wide variety of ways.  I always see the relationship as a two-way street.

Loyalty and kindness never go unnoticed.

The Chateau Margaux was one of  Hemingway's favorite wines (altho he did have a lot). His granddaughter was named in honor of it because her parents had consumed a bottle of it the night she was conceived. She changed the spelling from Margot to Margaux when she learned of this.

The odd time I have it I raise a glass to Ernest.

On 1/22/2023 at 9:17 PM, heydavida said:

The A could be your grade mark in performance as a provider. 😉