Puerto Vallarta MX recommendations

JEC

• 2 months later...
3 hours ago, kahuna12345 said:

Does anyone have details on what exactly goes down at the Casa Cupula's naked/men-only parties? They advertise an Adam and Steve party with "hot games" and a "stripper show." Would love to hear how interactive the dancers get. 

When I attended, the "hot game" was a contest among four guests: who was best at deep-throating a banana?

Strippers were about as interactive as they would be in the open areas in a stripper bar.  You tip, you get a little more attention. 

Not sure if there opportunities for private lap dances ... I left before the party ended.

On 6/3/2022 at 4:06 PM, wallnut said:

Thanks for sharing that information. I'm assuming because it was a nude event, the strippers stripped down completely? Do you recommend any of the Casa Cupula events? Don't know if there's any other events in town with dancers like the Wet and Wild Cruise. 

I've been to about a half dozen Casa Cupula pool parties.  The hired dancers are never fully nude, only some of the guests are.  The dancers are just there for some eye candy while everyone else socializes in the pool.  I still recommend going, but to socialize and meet other people in the pool and be naked.  Do not go with the intent of it being an outdoor strip club.

I recommend PV Delive party cruise.  It's similar to the Wet N Wild boat tour, but the dancers were more fun in my experience.  Still, a good crowd of guests can make or break either boat tour.

Edited by Vegas_nw1982

14 minutes ago, Caliboy95 said:

What are good non gay resorts in PV and is mid January a good time to go? 

How safe is PV for solo travelers? 

Mid January is a perfect time to go!  It's the middle of their high season.  Weather is nice.  Plus, you get to escape cold North American winters.

Anywhere close to Zona Romantica and by the beach will be great for convenient location, whether it's gay or not.

I actually stay at Los Tules which is a few miles north of the action, but only a $4-$5 Uber ride away.  I stay there because I can exchange my timeshare for a week there.  If you want a relaxing non-gay resort with large pools and uncrowded beach access, then almost any resort on the beach south of the airport will provide what you're looking for.  You can then Uber or taxi into Zona Romantica for shows, bars, and clubs in the evening.

12 minutes ago, Vegas_nw1982 said:

Mid January is a perfect time to go!  It's the middle of their high season.  Weather is nice.  Plus, you get to escape cold North American winters.

Anywhere close to Zona Romantica and by the beach will be great for convenient location, whether it's gay or not.

I actually stay at Los Tules which is a few miles north of the action, but only a $4-$5 Uber ride away.  I stay there because I can exchange my timeshare for a week there.  If you want a relaxing non-gay resort with large pools and uncrowded beach access, then almost any resort on the beach south of the airport will provide what you're looking for.  You can then Uber or taxi into Zona Romantica for shows, bars, and clubs in the evening.

Thank you for the info :) 

On 6/15/2022 at 6:06 PM, Caliboy95 said:

What are good non gay resorts in PV and is mid January a good time to go? 

How safe is PV for solo travelers? 

PV is very safe and mid-January is a good time to go. May I inquire as to why you want to go to a non-gay resort? Is it because you're traveling with straight people or is it because you want to be away from the gay scene (or both)? Be aware that if you stay at non-gay resorts, it's likely you won't be able to bring any guests to your room. If you're looking for a non-gay hotel near the gay beach, the Tropicana is fine. Knowing your traveling group and what your intentions are during travel could help zero in on better recommendations. If you want to be away but not too far from the Zona Romantica, the Sheraton Buganvilias is nice. Do not get all-inclusive packages in PV. There are too many excellent restaurants to try. 

On 6/19/2022 at 10:57 AM, Unicorn said:

Be aware that if you stay at non-gay resorts, it's likely you won't be able to bring any guests to your room

I've never had a problem bringing guests to my room at straight resorts in PV.  They just need to check in/out at the front desk, same as most gay resorts in PV.

On 6/19/2022 at 10:57 AM, Unicorn said:

PV is very safe and mid-January is a good time to go. May I inquire as to why you want to go to a non-gay resort? Is it because you're traveling with straight people or is it because you want to be away from the gay scene (or both)? Be aware that if you stay at non-gay resorts, it's likely you won't be able to bring any guests to your room. If you're looking for a non-gay hotel near the gay beach, the Tropicana is fine. Knowing your traveling group and what your intentions are during travel could help zero in on better recommendations. If you want to be away but not too far from the Zona Romantica, the Sheraton Buganvilias is nice. Do not get all-inclusive packages in PV. There are too many excellent restaurants to try. 

I was thinking of staying at the Sheraton resort. I’m doing a solo travel. I don’t have any particular reasons for not staying at a non gay resort. 

27 minutes ago, Vegas_nw1982 said:

I've never had a problem bringing guests to my room at straight resorts in PV.  They just need to check in/out at the front desk, same as most gay resorts in PV.

Do your guest(s) need to check in at the front desk even if you’re walking with them to your room? 

I have been blocked from bringing guests to my hotels in Mexico multiple times. At most gay hotels, they will take down the guest's ID information, but let you take a guest to your room for a limited time. I have stayed at lots of non-gay places and have never been able to invite a guest to my room. I'm not sure about the Tropicana. If you're going solo and have any plans to perhaps hook up with someone, I strongly encourage you to book a room in a gay hotel or resort. If you stay at a straight place, your only alternative is usually going to be to check in with your guest at another room, often at another hotel (could be a cheap dive). If you still prefer a straight place, I would ask them very specifically their policy about bringing guests into the room. And especially don't stay at Playa Los Arcos. 

1 hour ago, Vegas_nw1982 said:

Which ones?

9 hours ago, Caliboy95 said:

Do your guest(s) need to check in at the front desk even if you’re walking with them to your room? 

At Los Tules, they just give their name at the gate when they enter with me.

At others, they go to the front desk, maybe have to drop their ID and pick it up on the way out.

Considering we have to walk by the front desk to get to the elevators, it's not a hassle and I appreciate the added security.

None of these are "all inclusive" resorts.  I suspect some all inclusive properties would crack down on guests who are snuck in to consume unlimited food and beverages that are charged on a per guest basis.

Edited by Vegas_nw1982

1 hour ago, Caliboy95 said:

How was your stay at the Westin and Marriott? 

1 hour ago, Lucky said:

I found the Westin to be a bore. What's more, it's a long cab ride to the nightlife.

I liked both…they are very traditional resorts, gay friendly but not gay resorts. My time there was centered around boating/sailing. I’ve probably stayed 80-90 nights in the Marina on boats or in those hotels. It used to be more vibrant, with some good restaurants, but my last visit there the Marina looked kind of sad.

Yes @Lucky it’s a bit of a cab ride, but the bus is easy too! 

• 4 months later...
On 10/12/2021 at 9:03 PM, BenjaminNicholas said:

Make life easier.  Book a car service.  Thank me later.

They'll have your name on a placard when you walk outside.

A new-model Tahoe or Suburban with a comfortable backseat and great AC never goes out of style.

Any specific car service you'd recommend? :)

41 minutes ago, Bryan Dube said:

Any specific car service you'd recommend? :)

I've always had good luck with Juan and his company. 

Have used them for airport transports, as well as having a driver on standby for getting to the marina, going shopping or just an evening outside of Zona Romantica. 

https://discoverpv.com/private-transfers/

11 hours ago, BenjaminNicholas said:

I've always had good luck with Juan and his company. 

Have used them for airport transports, as well as having a driver on standby for getting to the marina, going shopping or just an evening outside of Zona Romantica. 

https://discoverpv.com/private-transfers/

thank you for sharing!