FBI foiled plot to kidnap Michigan governor Whitmer by militia. "Lock her up!" Trump

marylander1940

They're good people who were blowing off steam. But stand down and stand by.

I sent the link to a conservative friend and he was already trying to psychoanalyze them and giving them the benefit of the doubt.

Maybe it’s just me but I can’t feel empathy for some people responsible for their own undoing

You and your friend are far more generous than I and far less snobby about it.

Do you also get called on here for your lack of empathy like me? ? ???

I would never feel sorry for terrorist like them.

Somehow I'm not surprised this happened in Michigan after the reopen protests in April!

GettyImages-1211398302.jpg

michigan-stay-home-protest-flags.jpg

michigan_whitmer_protest.jpeg?itok=hmSjk03k

PBN5KBGYHNFODOYUKXNJV44JV4.jpg

Edited by marylander1940

White House says Michigan Governor is causing division by making outrageous statement. No comment about the kidnap plot (shocking to many)

Comment

yikes

Gretchen Whitmer has been a Trump target for a while, yet another substitute for Hillary Clinton

Edited by WilliamM

Whitmer was first aware of the plot only in recent weeks..

She shared whenever the president attacks her, there is a marked increase in threats.

Jason Miller from the WH says Whitmer wakes up with hate in her heart. Again, no concerns for her safely from kidnapping.

Whitmer says we came very close to this. Her burden is a lot less of a burden than most people, she said

We're they armed? Did they fire at the FBI officers first? Perhaps not the best analogy.

The group that planned the kidnapping met repeatedly over the summer for firearms training and combat drills and practiced building explosives, the F.B.I. said; members also gathered several times to discuss the mission, including in the basement of a shop that was accessible only through a “trap door” under a rug.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/10/08/us/gretchen-whitmer-michigan-militia.html

I think you understand what I mean.... no need for you also to play the moderate card now after all things you've said in other threads.

blacks get shot just in case even while being asked for an ID/Driver's License while this dangerous guys were stopped and put on handcuffs without any problem.

You get it now?

The group that planned the kidnapping met repeatedly over the summer for firearms training and combat drills and practiced building explosives, the F.B.I. said; members also gathered several times to discuss the mission, including in the basement of a shop that was accessible only through a “trap door” under a rug.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/10/08/us/gretchen-whitmer-michigan-militia.html

I think you understand what I mean.... no need for you also to play the moderate card now after all things you've said in other threads.

blacks get shot just in case even while being asked for an ID/Driver's License while this dangerous guys were stopped and put on handcuffs without any problem.

You get it now?

I know about their background and why they were deemed to be terrorists as they should be. I took your post as a literal reference to the circumstances of their arrest.

I live in Louisville and am a bit defensive about some of the reporting on Ms. Taylor's (our) tragedy. I am very aware of the long history of systemic racism within police departments here and elsewhere. And, having grown up in the Deepest of the Deep South, I am quite aware of the double standard in police treatment of whites and blacks.

And I AM a moderate or traditional conservative. Who knows in this political context? Don't know what makes you think I'm a liberal after all the posts I've made on the difference between Trumpism and real conservatism and my ridicule of the religious kooks who took over my party.

Edited by Leyte2019

I know about their background and why they were deemed to be terrorists as they should be. I took your post as a literal reference to the circumstances of their arrest.

I live in Louisville and am a bit defensive about some of the reporting on Ms. Taylor's (our) tragedy. I am very aware of the long history of systemic racism within police departments here and elsewhere. And, having grown up in the Deepest of the Deep South am quite aware of the double standard in police treatment of whites and blacks.

And I AM a moderate or traditional conservative. Who knows in this political context? Don't know what makes you think I'm a liberal after all the posts I've made on the difference between Trumpism and real conservatism and my ridicule of the religious kooks who took over my party.

benefit of the doubt when it comes to arresting white terrorist? I just wish you neighbor Breonna was given the same treatment..

The g

You get it now?

He is a respected members here, and you are not a moderator. And a moderator wouldn't write "you get it now?"

He is a respected members here, and you are not a moderator. And a moderator wouldn't write "you get it now?"

I never said he wasn't a respected member.

I'm thinking about next time I start a thread make a reference to keep it on subject. You constantly hijack threads taking them off subject with unnecessary references to Eisenhower, JFK and Johnson.

Edited by marylander1940

I never said he wasn't a respected member.

I'm thinking about next time I start a thread make a reference to keep it on subject. You constantly hijack threads taking them off subject with unnecessary references to Eisenhower, JFK and Johnson.

The difference is unlike you, I don't, want to be a moderator

@marylander1940, lately you seem to find most of my post insulting.. Fine, I like the overwhelming majority of your post, always have and always will.

In order to post in the Political Issues forum, all members are required to acknowledge that their post is in compliance with our Community Guidelines.  In addition, you acknowledge that it meets the following requirements: 

• No personal attacks: Attack the issue not the person
  • No hijacking: Stay on the subject of the thread 

• No bullying, hate speech or offensive terms/expressions

Content that does not comply with the above requirements will be removed.  Multiple violations may result in a loss of access to this forum.